Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
U620L shows connected at 0bps on task manager
MAINZELMAENCH

Hello,

When I first started using my U620L, it showed up on Windows Task Manager Networking tab with a Link Speed of something like 425bps.  Now it shows as 0bps, but it still does say "Connected".  Usage of the device doesn't show up on the graph.

Also, the U620L Dashboard is a small window which shows tiny blurry, almost unreadable text in it.

U620L Dashboard.png

Can either of these problems be fixed?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: U620L shows connected at 0bps on task manager
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to be sure your dashboard is working the way it should Mainzelmaench. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did the issue begin? Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

There are better ways on checking your internet connection speed.  For example you can navigate to www.speedtest.net from a web browser and review your speed at any time. 

You can also check your data usage online from your VZW portal.  Sign into your VZW account and review the data usage area for your device.  What you see on the VZW website will be an accurate representation of what is on your bill at the end of the billing cycle.

0 Likes
MAINZELMAENCH

Hello,

@Verizon Wireless Customer Support:  Sorry I took so long to respond.  I have to respond to my original question, since the forum won't allow me any actions to responses to my question.

I uninstalled the U620L dashboard software, then checked the Task Manager before reinstalling it.  The connection was there @ 425mps.  Also, the device is ready for use within 5 seconds of plugging it in.  With the Dashboard software, it took almost a minute before I could get on the internet because it had to finish whatever it was doing first.  So half of your answer solved the problem for me:  uninstall.

Regards.

0 Likes
MAINZELMAENCH

Hello,

@ John Getzke:  Thank you for your response.  I only use Task Manager as a quick and crude method of seeing whether any data is being transferred.  Sometimes, when my usage approaches the monthly limit, I need to stop automatic updates and such.

0 Likes