Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UML295 and Lenovo X1 connectivity issues
BonnevilleRadio

I have a UML295 and I'm attempting to use it with Lenovo's X1 Carbon (Model 20A) and I'm having some serious issues.  Well, my end user is.  After a restart, card is inserted and works perfectly.  I don't need to open up the MBB software, anything.  If I disconnect or just remove the device and wait a few minutes to plug it back in, it doesn't' work.  Indicator light turns green, flickers, etc.  No internet.  I open up the MBB software and shows I'm connected but doesn't go anywhere, or the software doesn't recognize that the card has been inserted.  It displays this behavior on multiple X1 Carbon machines that I have here.  I've tested it on an older T530 Thinkpad and it works as intended.  No need to install the MBB software neither.  As soon as the indicator light turns green, I'm good to go on internet access.

Is there a firmware update or a known issue between these cards and the X1 Carbon?  It's frustrating to our reporters that they can't use their new laptops out in the field.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: UML295 and Lenovo X1 connectivity issues
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

USB modem devices need both drivers and connection software to facilitate a connection to the VZW network.  I suggest going out and downloading the latest of both from VZW and retesting on your machine.

UML295 download:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-72600/

Otherwise the problem that you mentioned here is specifically resolved by use of a Jetpack.  No drivers, no software.  All users need is normal WiFi and they will be able to access the internet just like at any other hotspot.  This was a big advantage for us in addition to the reduced hardware costs of broken USB ports on laptops and USB modems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: UML295 and Lenovo X1 connectivity issues
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

USB modem devices need both drivers and connection software to facilitate a connection to the VZW network.  I suggest going out and downloading the latest of both from VZW and retesting on your machine.

UML295 download:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-72600/

Otherwise the problem that you mentioned here is specifically resolved by use of a Jetpack.  No drivers, no software.  All users need is normal WiFi and they will be able to access the internet just like at any other hotspot.  This was a big advantage for us in addition to the reduced hardware costs of broken USB ports on laptops and USB modems.

0 Likes