Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upgrade wireless home device
Dolly22

I am very disappointed with Verizon.  After many years of being a customer I am switching to a different company.  I upgraded my home phone device, only because I received an email from Verizon informing me that I had to upgrade due to my current device being 3g.  I received the new device and immediately my calls were being dropped.  I worked with Verizon for over 3 weeks to remedy the situation.  This included changing devices, sim card, actions on Verizon's end and me buying a new phone.  My calls were still being dropped.  I finally decided we exhausted all options and returned the device to Verizon.  I was charged the $50 restocking fee.  I understand this is their policy, but I don't feel I should be held responsible for the fee since I could not use their device and it was not my idea to upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade wireless home device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dolly22, it saddens us to learn that we have disappointed you. Our goal is to provide a great wireless experience. We hope to regain your confidence in the future. I rely on my phone for many tasks, so I know how important it is to have a working phone with reliable service. CDMA devices will need to be upgraded to a phone that is capable of HD Voice as shown on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/. It sounds like we have attempted to troubleshoot and work toward a resolution on the issues with dropped calls, but a resolution was not provided. We truly apologize for this experience. Please check our Private Messages, so we can check into the circumstances that caused a $50.00 restocking fee. 

-David

0 Likes