Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upgraded Cantenna & Router
wtfranklin
Novice

Just installed today. Replacing a 5 or 6 year old system. The installer said the new cantennas are twice as fast. So far...NOT. I'm getting about 4Gbps as opposed to the old system which was averaging between 15Gbps and 20Gbps. The old system was disconnecting frequently and had to be rebooted every other day. That's why I called to have them check it out.

I'm hoping this is not the speed I'm going to be getting from now on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded Cantenna & Router
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Sounds like something may not be configured correctly.  I would contact your installation expert and ask them to reevaluate your situation for you.  VZW 4G LTE should perform between 5-12 Mbps when benchmarking from a simple website like speedtest.net.  In many cases 4G LTE will perform better but it all depends on the area.

The VZW device should perform according to the minimum 4G LTE specs.  Keep calling them until it does, it should be covered by warranty if they feel the need to swap anything out.

0 Likes
wtfranklin
Novice

Guess I shouldn't have complained about 4Gbps.

Screenshot-14.jpg

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

This is definitely something worth giving your installation person a call for support on.  They may walk you through a quick reset over the phone before sending someone out.  They may also ask you to perform benchmark testing from another site or tool that they prefer to use.  One way or another 1.6 Mbps is not acceptable for a 4G LTE connection. That is more of a 3G connection which is commonly between 1-3 Mbps. 

Definitely something fishy going on here.

0 Likes