Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VERIZON JET PACK WON'T CONNECT TO WIRELESS HP PRINTER
redstag

my new verizon mifi jetpack won't connect to my HP color laser jet Pro MFP M476 dw printer.  The only one did with no problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: VERIZON JET PACK WON'T CONNECT TO WIRELESS HP PRINTER
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

If your printer cannot see the WiFi network from the Jetpack then perhaps the Jetpack is too far away or broadcasting on a the wrong WiFi band for your printer.  WiFi comes as either 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz, unless an wireless device has a radio to see both it will only see one or the other.

Check the settings on your Jetpack and the settings on the printer.  Make sure you are broadcasting the correct signal and within range of the printer. If you are it should show up as an option to wirelessly connect to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Do you receive a message saying why it won't connect? Based on the way you've worded it; Jetpack connect to printer, I want to ask about how you set it up. In my mind it's the printer that is connecting to the Wi-Fi, so if there is an issue it's usually the printer that relays the message. Unless of course your printer is just unable to find your Jetpack?

0 Likes
redstag

Correct, the printer isn't finding the jetpack at all.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

A lot of newer printers use direct wifi from say a phone to the printer, or go through a router instead of connecting to a hotspot, be it in a phone or a jetpack.  Isn't this printer capable of HP ePrint?  Mobile Printing Solutions and Software for Business | HP® Official Site

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

If your printer cannot see the WiFi network from the Jetpack then perhaps the Jetpack is too far away or broadcasting on a the wrong WiFi band for your printer.  WiFi comes as either 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz, unless an wireless device has a radio to see both it will only see one or the other.

Check the settings on your Jetpack and the settings on the printer.  Make sure you are broadcasting the correct signal and within range of the printer. If you are it should show up as an option to wirelessly connect to.

0 Likes