Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VERIZON - when will my mifi work with el capitan??????????????????????????
kandiecook

Cant believe this problem goes way back to October 2015!!!!  I have only been trying since Christmas - my company will not be waiting around that long - why pay for something we cant use - we have too many to just let them sit around and not work!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: VERIZON - when will my mifi work with el capitan??????????????????????????
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Try contacting VZW directly via chat, phone or instore visits.  The forum is not a direct way to communicate with VZW for subjects like this.

I know you are not the only one in this situation so if you discover something then please post back and let the community know.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for your input John. I want you to be able to use your MiFi kandiecook. What is going on with it specifically? What is the zip code? Is anyone else having this issue?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kandiecook

thanks John - FYI I have been to the store, called the tech dept and chatted, all numerous times and now that I am desperate I have come here - I saw others that have been answered by a rep here so figured I would give it a try! again thanks so much for your comment.

0 Likes
kandiecook

Thanks so much for the reply back!!  Since we updated our Macs to the el capitan OS it does not work - the lights come on but no data is transmitted.  Still works on my Dell - so its not a device problem. I finally did speak to a rep that actually had the idea to look in the forums and saw that there were actually a lot of people have the same problem - so he put in some notes and said he would let them know this needed a fix.  I then got on the forums myself and saw that it has been a problem since October - no idea it had been that long and still no fix.  Zip code for account (77242) or zip code for where I live (77316)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You’re welcome, that’s what we ‘re here for! Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let’s get to the bottom of this. Do you receive a specific error message? Which Mi-Fi model do you have?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kandiecook

No internet connection found.  I have the U620L.  It is definitely just a problem with the El Capitan OS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kandiecook, we want to make sure all of your devices can connect to the USB Modem. I am glad to know that the modem does work with your Dell computer as it should. This could be a compatibility issue but we want to make sure all is done on our end. Can you please make sure the VZ Access Manager software is up to date. To learn how please visit http://vz.to/204wh71. Please keep us posted.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kandiecook

yes it is up to date.  Verizon needs to update the driver to work with El Capitan.

0 Likes