Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon 4G LTE Fusion (Cantenna) is no longer fast enough to stream video content. What happened to cause the loss of service?
DMFidler

Living in a remote area...lacking broadband options...I chose Verizon 4G LTE Fusion over satellite services.  For a year that worked out to be a better choice...compared to my neighbors who used satellite providers.  That is no longer the case...by a wide margin! 

Satellite has improved...while 4G LTE has diminished to the point of being unusable...both on our phones and on the Fusion device.

What could have happened to cause this significant decline in service??  Did someone cut down the Verizon cell tower??

When contract expires I have no choice but to switch.  What do you think?

Dave

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4G LTE Fusion (Cantenna) is no longer fast enough to stream video content.  What happened to cause the loss of service?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Normally the first steps in troubleshooting are to try the usual resets:

1. Power cycle the device

2. Remove the SIM card while its powered down for 30-60 seconds

3. Perform a factory reset/restore defaults and reconfigure

Be sure to start at reset 1, test and then move on to the next if the problem persists.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4G LTE Fusion (Cantenna) is no longer fast enough to stream video content. What happened to cause the loss of service?
7e18n1

> Satellite has improved...

It’s a Geo sat at 22,000 miles from earth, that’s a 250ms round trip under a best case scenario. Normal pings to web servers on the internet are at 500 to +2500ms. I’m a loss at to what has improved.

> What could have happened to cause this significant decline in service??

> Did someone cut down the Verizon cell tower??

The cantenna has moved enough to make a difference or something is blocking it.

0 Likes