Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Cloud Bait and Switch?
HSpirit1

I signed up for an offer I saw on Verizon'z website for 1 Tb of Cloud Storage for $5.00.  I seized the opportunity to put it on my phone and device lines, thinking for $10 I had 2 ample sized Cloud apps.  To my surprise, when I checked my new bill the Cloud Storage prices balloned to $9.99 each.  When I signed up, I carefully checked to see this wasn't a trial offer or time limited.  So like any good customer, I contacted the Chat Line for help.  The representative who answered asked me if I had a copy of the offer?!  I didn't think I'd have to defend and prove my purchase of their services, right?  After several efforts to connect with a supervisor, I was told the best that could be done was to "grant" me a 1 month price of $5.00 then the price would shoot back up.  What???  I've spent thousands of dollars with Verizon and now we have to prove their advertising?!  I canceled all my Cloud service and am looking to Google Drive and Apple iCloud for better plans at less money.  BEWARE WHEN YOU PURCHASE AN APP THE ADVERTISED PRICE MAY BE WRONG!!   

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Bait and Switch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no, HSpirit1! This is certainly not the experience we want you to have. Our intention is to help you in the best way possible and provide the world-class customer service you deserve.  Can you please tell us a little more? When did you apply for this promotion? Was it submitted from your phone, or laptop or desktop? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

The 1TB of cloud was never $5. The 500GB is. Misreading isn't exactly a bait and switch.

0 Likes
HSpirit1

I'm sorry you missed the offer; 1 Tb for $9.99 with $5 credit, resulting in a total cost of $4.99.  I check the website often because sometimes there are offers. 

0 Likes
HSpirit1

I was able to work something out with the Corporate office of the Vice President of Customer Service, if I recall my correspondence correctly.  But it shouldn't have to come to that.

Regardless, thank you for your concern and response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are glad you were able to work something out with our Corporate Office. However, we know that this has been very frustrating, and we're truly sorry for this whole ordeal. Verizon Wireless understands that things have not been to your expectations. We know it's been a rocky road but our goal is to give you the best service we can, and we will continue to strive in doing so.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes