Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon Network Extender Showing all Blue but Not Working!!!
rattlehead07

Hi guys,

So I switched from T-Mobile a long time ago, which had UTA calling via Wi-Fi and was PERFECT for my situation since my apartment is a cellular black hole. I was reassured that Verizon coverage was better, and that was the first lie. The second $250 lie was that a Network Extender would solve my troubles. It worked for a few months, and has been on and off since, and starting to get extremely irritating.

I work from home 40 hours a week and need to be doing sales calls most of the day, so you can imagine the level of frustration.

Anyways, the network extender is on a shelf by a balcony, with the cable running to my balcony in the open air, all lights show blue. my phone will be connected to it MAAAAAYBE 20% of the time.

VERIZON SUPPORT: don't bother telling me to reset my phone, the router, the extender, updating my firmware, opening ports, repositioning extender, or any other suggestion from your script. If I had not tried those things, I wouldn't be wasting my time posting on this forum with no hopes of a valid response.

I've seen identical posts to mine tons of times, but they were mostly years old, so perhaps I missed some crucial update/upgrade or solution that can fix all this? Please help, literally my job depends on this piece of garbage that is the verizon wireless extender......

If anyone can help me I will personally send you a bottle of wine and boxed chocolates for Christmas. Please, i beg of you.

Best,

Nick .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Network Extender Showing all Blue but Not Working!!!
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

>  If I had not tried those things, I wouldn't be wasting my time posting on this forum with no hopes of a valid response.

Don't take it personally but the reboot, reset, upgrade firmware steps are common and good first troubleshooting steps to complete.  There is a reason why many people suggest doing these steps before advancing in the troubleshooting, they are simple, easy to communicate and they are effective for most temporary problems.

> so perhaps I missed some crucial update/upgrade or solution that can fix all this?

You would have to evaluate your devices firmware version to the most currently available version and then perform an update...which you specifically mentioned you already tried.

> with the cable running to my balcony in the open air, all lights show blue. my phone will be connected to it MAAAAAYBE 20% of the time.

Next best step to try would be to either try additional phones to see if its isolated to your current phone or try setting up the NE in a different location.  When troubleshooting wireless problems it is important to move as close to the broadcast source as you can.  This will minimize interference and distance limitations of the technology in that environment. 

If it works up close then continue to back away and retest until you find the point where the problem starts happening.  This process is known as a site survey, probing for wireless performance in various locations to build a big picture of what is going on.  If there is a wall or furniture in the way then the problem may be due to the physical environment you are in at the time.  Its unlikely that a neighbor or competing technology is infringing on the cellular service itself since VZW spectrum is reserved and regulated by the FCC, unlike WiFi which allows anyone to use the same frequencies for wireless communication.

All blue lights on the device suggests that the device is properly connected to whatever it needs.  That also suggests that the problem may have more to do with the inside of your home and the device you are using to connect to the VZW device.  Perhaps there is an update for your phone that can improve performance.

Normally the best steps in these scenarios would be to contact VZW support for warranty options.  Either a replacement device, antenna or cables might resolve the problem but from what I gather your warranty is likely expired.

0 Likes