Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Smart Home Support
casweetin

I subscribed to Verizon Smart Home Support when it first started thinking heck yea, if my stuff quits working I can get it fixed or replaced without the worry of high repair costs (or replacement). So my first tv goes out and I file a claim. Now I see that they are replacing my Philips Plasma 50 in TV with my only option of a Samsung 2018 model LED that has bad reviews online. When I hesitated and asked for more applicable replacement, I was given an option for a worse even low level Philips TV. How is it that I pay $20 a month and $99 to file a claim and I get offered a $295 Walmart low level smart TV. Seriously, I already paid for that in my monthly plus the claim deductible. Heck, I could save money just doing it on my own if I wanted that cheap TV. The problem is they are banking on people just accepting what they offer. I can tell you this, after my experience here, I will not continue this farce. I'll get my new TV and put it in my game room and go out and buy a nice comparable TV with the money I save from cancelling this service. This has shown to me to be a sham. Replace your stuff if it breaks is a great sales line until you find the replacement is cheap and has bad reviews.

There should be a method in place to truly replace what you had to the same level. This is not my finding so far in this process.

Verizon needs to have some input on this. Or, if they do, shame on you.