Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Total Home Protection Scam
JazzyJeffJax

BEWARE : Verizon Home Protection is a joke service provided by Asurion.

I filed a claim, paid $105, and was provided with a convenient process to ship my business-class color laser printer in for repair. I received an email and text message that my printer was received, and it typically takes 5-7 days to complete the repairs.

Two days later, I received a follow up email and text that the printer was repaired and ready to ship. Since I know the issue couldn't have been repaired in such a short time, I called Verizon Home Protect (an Asurion employee) to find out what was repaired. The rep couldn't provide any additional information on the repair. I said, you're an Asurion employee and you mean you don't have any specific information on my repair? The rep then provided the name of the third party repair center that fixed my printer.

I called the repair center and the rep said "they cleaned the toner and the transfer belt". So you didn't repair the issue, you just cleaned it? How does that solve the printer issue? The rep couldn't provide a response and was more interested in how I got their phone number. Hmmm

A week later I received the printer. I unboxed it to find a crack in the case, black toner on the outside of the case, and a broken guide in the paper tray. I hooked up the printer, and the pages printed exactly as it did when I sent it in for repair.

I called Verizon Home Protect three different times. Each time I was told they would escalate the claim and a supervisor would call me back. The third call, the rep created a call back to ensure a supervisor had contacted me. The rep never called me at the scheduled time, nor a supervisor. However, I did get another automated email with instructions to ship the printer back again for repair.

Thanks for nothing Verizon.

Re: Verizon Total Home Protection Scam
Tigerstep

This is why Verizon should stick to service instead of gimmicks.

Gloria7nc

Please cancel this $25 dllar a month home protection scam from my account

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there Gloria7nc. We are sad to hear you feel this way about the Verizon Total Home Protection plan. If you wish to remove the service, you can do so by visiting your My Verizon account online. If you click the link here http://spr.ly/6604yESds it will show the steps to enroll and unenroll from any add on. We are here to help if you have any additional concerns.

0 Likes
designer1

I cancelled MY VHP.....but then got an email the next month reinstating it without my permission.

I do not want it. 

Why is Verizon adding it back on?????????

PK

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello designer1. I'm sorry your VHP is being reinstated.  Its a great feature but we understand if you don't need it. We can help with that issue? Did you activate a new phone or make any account changes this month? Is it listed on your features online via My-Verizon? 

0 Likes
Aesp45

What a convenient lie. You CANNOT remove or downgrade anything on the app. When you try, it tells you that you have to call a number. And that number will have you on hold for an hour minimum. 

0 Likes
Aesp45

They've enrolled me in TWO programs without my consent within two months. It's just what they do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is never the experience we want you to have. We only want you to opt into programs you want to be in. We'd be happy to investigate this further. Please send us a Private Note to get stared. *Bee

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Aesp45,

That's certainly not the experience we want for you. I know how important it is to manage your account. Most features should allow you to remove them through our app though it can depend on how your account is set up and security options. We can absolutely help with any changes if needed however. I'd be glad to look into this. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can fully help. 

-Andrew

0 Likes