Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Wireless Home Phone can't receive certain calls
mh29

I just activated a new Verizon Wireless Home Phone (had been using an old one that was running on 3G, was starting to get garbled, interference, noise when making certain phone calls).  Was told by Verizon that new home phone would be working better because it's running on 4G.  Thought we had it activated & working however when we receive phone calls from someone calling from a landline phone the call immediately goes to voice mail.  Phone does not ring or show that we missed a call.  If a voice mail is left it doesn't show up right away (maybe an hour or so later).  On the home phone we can make calls to any phone (wireless & landline) & receive calls from mobile phones.  I have tried 2 different handset phones because we thought it might be the phone.  On 1st phone caller ID information does not show up & sound is ok.  On the 2nd phone called ID information shows up but sound is very faint to us & person on the other end of phone.

Tried to call Verizon tech support but call got cut off part way through as the tech was trying to help & never got a call back.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone can't receive certain calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mh29, we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing signal problems with your new phone. We can assist you here. What's your zip code?

0 Likes
mh29

Finally got tech support today.  They resolved the problem (so far so good).  They changed a setting - something about the home phone connect accepting phone calls now by dialing area code + number instead of 1 + area code + number.

0 Likes
Kds2854

I understand Verizon doesn’t accept collect calls but am I able to receive calls from a third party service such as Global tel link? I was able to receive calls years ago but not recently. Please help! Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to be able to receive calls. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes