Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon and AOL
wgd1206

Does anyone know if Verizon offers, or plans to offer, discounts to AOL customers now that Verizon bought AOL. AOL now and has been for quite some time giving a 10% discount to Sprint customers, or visa versa. Now that AOL is owned by Verizon they should at least do the same. Or more is better! Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon and AOL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Who doesn't love discounts wgd1206? I know I do. While we don't offer discounts for AOL customers, we do offer discounts for certain employers. You can check to see if you qualify at the following link: http://vz.to/1k3fwcF
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wgd1206

Rosanne, There is no "Correct Answer" button under your response. Only "Like" and "Reply". I really do not like your reply, so that will not work (Not meant to be insulting) So reply suits me just fine as there is more I want to say. First off, Sprint/AOL has 10% off per month as a AOL benefit for paying customers as stated before. Now that Verizon owns AOL it would be fair if they would do the same. I would not want to see any Sprint/AOL customers loose their 10% discount. Maybe grandfathered in. Look at it from a business stand point. This 10% is for existing and new customers. If Verizon did this, think about how many new customers Verizon could possibly generate and also those who may want to switch from Sprint to Verizon. I know the telecommunications business very well. As for a employee discount. I retired after 30 years from the 3rd largest telecommunications company in the U.S..(would prefer not to mention name) Not hard to figure out though. So my pension and 401 K  has no clause for employee discounts. I guess Verizon only caters to the under 60 generation. Anyway, maybe this will give your bean counters something to think about while they do their holiday online shopping at their desk!   Thanks for your reply, WGD

Thomasun

I got an email from AOL Member Benefit and it gave me coupon for 100.00 dollars off  my next bill if I had active a  new line, I  had just bought an new phone , here is the web address:https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-wireless-discount-member-benefit-faqs.

But I go to store and try to get the deal, no one ever here of this promotion, I even trying calling to get help, but still everyone playing dumb or this is a fake coupon. but I got it off my AOL benefit for members page. Does anyone knows about this discount?

0 Likes
wgd1206

I am a paid member of AOL. I have read the offer to add a new phone to a new account or existing account you were offered $100.00 for doing so. This is what it states in my benefits. I know nothing about, or read anything about, receiving a email with a coupon to print for the offer. I would use caution in doing so. I would suggest contacting AOL, now owned by Verizon and try to find out if this is their legitimate way of doing this. You may also want to call Verizon wireless and ask to speak to a supervisor. It may turn out to be that the place you took this to is not up to date with the offer. I was supposed to receive (not anything pertaining to AOL) two rewards cards at $200.00 ea. I more or less got the same run around with Verizon Rewards. I was told three-six weeks I would get my cards. It took six months and several phone calls, plus mailing in the paperwork in twice. I was not about to get ripped off for $400.00 promised to me. I finally got them. As for your issue, I would try the above mentioned. Hope this works out for you! Please keep me posted with the outcome. Also, take this advice, never deal with a independent (franchise owned) Verizon wireless store. Always deal with a Verizon wireless owned store. I had to learn the hard way myself. They do not offer the same deals, although they are supposed to, they do not!

0 Likes