Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VerizonUp to stealing everyones device dollars
DviceDollrsGoneAgain

Statement from VerizonUp marketing page...

"You even can get exclusive Verizon rewards like accessory discounts and Device Dollars — money towards your next smartphone or tablet purchase"

Really? HOW? Due to program changes all your rewards are gone right away. This will be the third time I could not use my device dollars that I had been saving up. ($40 this time) I'm angry. Been a customer for like 20 years. Shysters. Shame on you. And the best thing... you can't opt out once you "join" this garbage. So I'll just keep getting texts and email garbage that I don't want. It's a big giant load of marketing garbage. Thanks Verizon!

Re: VerizonUp to stealing everyones device dollars
Tigerstep

...? The announcement was to use your CREDITS before Feb 29th. You're talking about REWARDS which is something completely separate.

0 Likes
Jizzzza

Agree. I've been saving mine which were set to expire in 2021 now I have to spend before the end of the month. Complete garbage. And they're o ly good on phones and tablets. Ha. What a load of garbage. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jizzzza,

It's important you are able to use your Device Dollars, and I would be happy to clarify. Credits are being removed from the Verizon Up program effective March 1, 2020. Instead of the credit, you will be able to chose one reward each month, as long as your account remains in good standing. The rewards will follow the expiration date listed. Device Dollars expire after 24-months from the claim date. 

I do also want to let you know, any claimed rewards (like Device Dollars) will remain on your Verizon Up account. You will just have up until March 1st, to use your Verizon Up credits. Since the credits were already redeemed for a Device Dollar reward, they will not be lost. The Device Dollars you currently have, will expire in 24 months from the date they were claimed. More information on Verizon Up can be found through this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/. Please let us know if any additional questions regarding this.

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
Mjslone

Kourtney, I redeemed device dollars; are they really good for 24-months?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Awesome! That is great to hear. Yes, that is correct. Once you have redeemed the device dollars it is good for 24-months before they are removed. Does this answer your question? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Mlcaponi

Device Dollars are misleading.
I have purchased 3 charging cords and a security camera over the past year, chose under the "shop" tab under the device Dollars I have available and not only has by device Dollars never been taken off the purchase, there is no "CHECKOUT" section that the page refers you to. The next option is to "complete purchase". You press that and your purchase is done.

Verizon is really slick with this.

Mlcaponi

Be careful

Device Dollars are misleading.
I have purchased 3 charging cords and a security camera over the past year, chose under the "shop" tab under the device Dollars I have available and not only has by device Dollars never been taken off the purchase, there is no "CHECKOUT" section that the page refers you to. The next option is to "complete purchase". You press that and your purchase is done.

Verizon is really slick with this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to clarify and answer all your questions, @Mlcaponi The last thing we want is for you to feel mislead. The Verizon Up rewards are great and credits can be redeem for different rewards that we offer. Device Dollars, can be used toward the purchase of one of the following devices on a new or existing line of service:

• Smartphone
  • Basic phone
  • Tablet
  • Smartwatch
  • Connected device

You can also follow this link for more details, https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/#device-buy Does this information help? 

anybenny

I just went though this.  It IS completely misleading.

1.  click link to spend device dollars

2. select accessory (apparently unapproved, not-connected device)

3. at the top of the app, it says ADD DEVICE DOLLARS on next step...

THERE IS NO NEXT STEP.  It's just an order confirmation at full price.  Shady AF.