Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voicemail - Stop, Speaker, Delete icons Do Not Work During Playback
Jmagic30

Samsung S20 FE 5G UW running Android 10 

Voicemail app 12.1.00.48

To duplicate this problem, perform the following:

Tap a voicemail. Get a line with the following buttons:

Speaker off/on, Play, Progress Bar, Delete (Trash can)

Controls work properly, if a playback is not in progress. Now do the following:

Tap Play. Voicemail starts playing

During playback when I tap any of the controls, a circle momentarily appears, indicating that the control was clicked. However, the control has no effect. If I tap the speaker, the speaker does not turn on/off. If I tap stop, the voicemail does not stop playing. If I tape delete, no "do you want to delete" message appears.

One effect of this is that I must listen to the entire voicemail; I cannot stop it.

This occurs on two identical S20 FE's, so it is not localized to one particular device.

Please fix, so that the controls work properly during playback.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail - Stop, Speaker, Delete icons Do Not Work During Playback
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the detailed information. You stated this issue happened on 2 devices, Just to gain clarity, have you asked anyone else, with the same device, if it is occurring with them too? Have you tried to turn the device off, remove the SIM card for 3 minutes, reinsert SIM and then test the device's functionality afterwards? If not please do and let us know the outcome.  

0 Likes
Jmagic30

Tried removing the SIM and rebooting the phone with same result.

I do not know anyone else who has this same device.

I also tried clearing the voicemail app cache, but I'm unsure if I can safely clear the data. I cannot reinstall the app, since I cannot remove it.

Update: I found that if I repeatedly press the stop and/or speaker icons, I can get them to work intermittently. But these work only every few presses.

Note that a circle appears around the button as I press it, so the phone is registering the button press. It is just that the button press has no effect.

The devices seem to work perfectly otherwise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jmagic30

Are you entering the voicemail application that is separate from the phone application? Have you tried resetting that and/or the phone app?  See here https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229403/

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Jmagic30

This is the Voicemail application whose icon is "Voicemail" in the app drawer, so it is separate from the phone application.

Also, I did clear the data and cache from the app. The same problem keeps happening.

UPDATE: During playback of a message if I peck at the stop and speaker icons repeatedly I can sometimes get them to work but not very often

I tried this same app through Samsung DeX from my desktop. The same thing happens.

If a playback is NOT in progress, the play button always works. The problem only occurs with the stop and speaker icons during playback.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is concerning to hear, let's take a look. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

0 Likes