Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WIRELESS HOME PHONE LVP2 does not pass caller ID to the home phone.
VHPuser

LVP2 unit displays caller ID info on the lcd display but will not push the caller ID info to the home phone that is connected to it. This was not a problem with the older 3G unit that it replaced.

0 Likes
Re: WIRELESS HOME PHONE LVP2 does not pass caller ID to the home phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, VHPuser. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. I know how important it is to ensure that you are able to see who is calling you on your home phone. Especially nowadays with so many spam calls that bombard our phone lines, it is always a great feature to be able to screen. Our new Wireless Home Phone model uses HD Voice call routing that adds a +1 number that makes it a 12 digit number, and some handsets can't display 12 digits and the caller ID won't display. Have you attempted with a different handset? ~Pamela

0 Likes
bkwilcox

Thanks for responding! I don't have another handset with a display. The LVP2 only display (in its tiny little screen) an incoming number, or just "incoming call". No name or other identification. So the problem it seems to me is prior to this point. The Verizon system is not providing CallerID information. As an example, when I call the home phone number in question with my Verizon cell phone (Pixel 3) the only thing that shows is my number. Not my name.

What we are using as a handset base station device is a Panasonic KX-TG6054B that has several handsets around the house. With the previous Verizon home phone device it would get the CallerID information and show the number (and say it out loud. It would also say out loud the name of the caller). It can call and receive 11 digit numbers. There's no way I can see to add a + before the 1 with its handsets.

It is really inconvenient to not have this work as it used to. What do you suggest?

Many thanks!

Brent K Wilcox
0 Likes
bookbean1

I have the same question.   i just replaced my 3G Home Phone Connect this evening with the Wireless Home Phone because I received the Verizon email telling me that the CDMA network was ending effective 1/1/23.     Couldn't get it to work at home.  Brought it back to the Verizon store.  They couldn't get it to work.  Called tech support escalating to Tier 2.  Still didn't get it to work.  Deemed to be a defective unit.  Told to bring it back tomorrow and it would be replaced with another new one (store was closing and it was late).

Came home and tried again 2 hours later and it worked!   Now, back to the question about the caller ID, I also use a Panasonic multi set device and have the same caller ID issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're so glad that it works. What are you specific issues with Caller ID?*Melissa

0 Likes