Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What are the typical LTE Throttled to 3G speeds
krobson1
Novice

What are the typical LTE Throttled to 3G speeds seen by other users of MIFI's on the unlimited plan after passing 10 GB? I'm getting .60 Mbps up and down and it seems like a hard cap. I can tell it wants to go above that but the towers are not letting it. When I disable LTE on my iphone and force it to revert to 3G and run a speed test I get 3 Mbps down and 1.5 up which is true 3G speed in my area, and MUCH more usable than .60 up and down... Seems like their calculation for LTE throttled to 3G speeds is off. Anyone else seeing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: What are the typical LTE Throttled to 3G speeds
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

VZW reps on this community forum have stated the 3G speeds are limited to 600 kbps. So you appear to be getting the max speed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

VZW reps on this community forum have stated the 3G speeds are limited to 600 kbps. So you appear to be getting the max speed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
krobson1
Novice

That's what I was affraid of. Not sure how they can call that 3G speeds... I talked to a rep on the phone about it yesterday and she said this is the number one complain they're receiving since verizon actually started throttling. I asked what it would take for Verizon to fix this and give their customers a usable 3G speed and she said they would need alot more complaints...