Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where to send a report about Windows 7 update to Windows 10 to the Verizon purchased HP Mini un2420.
HPMiniW10

NAME: Jerry

[removed]

The following report is about four pages that discusses these VERIZON situations.

Just wanted to know if there is a specific place to send (EMAIL) this report to make sure it gets to the right Verizon Group(s). I have searched the COMMUNITY for any related articles and did not find any related discussions for corrections.

Windows 7 update to Windows 10 to the Verizon purchased HP Mini un2420.

The upgrade to Windows 10 was successful and all the applications being used on Windows 7 are working as expected on Windows 10. That is, except for the Verizon supplied WIRELESS DEVICES, Verizon CHAT Sessions, and the Verizon VZAccess Manager application.

The following is to update and group these together in one report based on previous CHAT reports I made regarding the Windows 7 update to Windows 10.

WINDOWS 7 UPDATE to WINDOWS 10 on 8/18/2015 to a HP Mini un2420 purchased at Verizon Wireless

A. Verizon access and/or selection of two wireless access points

This computer (HP Mini un2420) was purchased from Verizon which provided selection/connection for either of two Wireless access points:

1. A "VERIZON WIRELESS" ACCESS point

2. A dial-up selection "VERIZON WIRELESS ACCESS-VZACCESS" point

A1. Logging in to the Verizon home web page would not work for the EDGE

or Internet Explorer Browsers:

I was using my hand held cell phone (a Verizon LG) number [removed] entered into the login field (ID or CELL NUMBER). Turns out I should have been using the cell number assigned to this HP Mini un2420 that I purchased at Verizon a few years ago [removed].

The login works for both the new BROWSERS for Windows 10 (EDGE and Internet Explorer).

A. NOW and after a Windows update on Monday 8/24/2015 the DEVICE

MANAGER for the VERIZON WIRELESS DEVICES reported that

these DEVICES are "not working properly":

This seems to have been a situation with WINDOWS 10 turning the Verizon Wireless DEVICES OFF. Later, I noticed that the SYSTRAY ICON for BATTERY POWER was very low and the SYSTEM was set to turn off DEVICES with low battery power.

POWER for the BATTERY now shows it is FULLY CHARGED and these DEVICES are now shown by DEVICE MANAGER as WORKING PROPERLY.

Currently the ORIGINAL REPORT is the same for the use of the Verizon WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS:

1. Attempts to use the wireless acces point selection "VERIZON WIRELESS" is

SELECTABLE on Windows 10 but when CONNECT is selected the following

error is displayed:

"CANNOT CONNECT TO THIS NETWORK" -
"ENTER A APN AND TRY AGAIN"

The Window that allows and displays APN data fields can be accessed but no

data is displayed in those Fields. For the HP Mini and the "VERIZON

WIRELESS" access point I do not know these values.

2. The DIAL-UP option VERIZON "WIRELESS-VZAccess" is displayed, is

selectable, and CONNECT is successful..

B. ACCESS TO A CHAT SESSION

1. When using the EDGE Browser the CHAT POPS-UP as expected and allows a

"CHAT NOW" connection as expected. The POP-UP happens in a reasonable

amount of time using the Verizon LOGIN failure window for the EDGE

Browser.

2. When using the Internet Explorer Browser the CHAT POPs-UP as expected but

when "CHAT NOW" is selected no CONNECTION is made to a CHAT

SESSION no matter how long the wait time is for the session to begin..

C. VZAccess Manager application version 7.3.10.1 (2565a)

Using the VZAccess Manager application version 7.3.10.1 (2565a) displays the detected WIRELESS points.

1. The VERIZON ACCESS POINT for "VERIZON WIRELESS" is not displayed.

2. The DIAL-UP "VERIZON WIRELESS - VZAccess" is displayed by the

VZAccess Manager application. But, selection of "VERIZON WIRELESS -

VZAccess" to connect displays the following error :

Connection failed - Unknown Error (Code: 2163)

If the Dial-UP to the "VERIZON WIRELESS - VZAccess" connect point is

successfully made by using the Windows 10 SYSTRAY ICON for WIRELESS

ACCESS POINTS then when the VZAccess Manager application is started it

recognizes that connection but then terminates that dial-up "VERIZON

WIRELESS - VZAccess" session.

3. If the LAPTOP Network Interface Card (NIC) is connected to a LAN via an

RG45 cable the Internet is available and can be accessed on the LAN by

the LAPTOP via NETWORK and all Computers/Devices/Printers

connected can be accessed as well as the use of EDGE and Internet Explorer

Browsers can access the Internet.

While the LAN cable is accessable by the LAPTOP as well as devices on the

LAN and the Internet, the VZAccess Manager application does not recognize

the LAN Cable or the available Internet on the LAN.

Using the VZAccess Manager to connect to other wireless connections will

attempt to make the connection but mostly it remians in the

"AUTHENTICATION" mode. Sometimes the selection will complete and

connect as expected.

If the Windows 10 SYSTRAY ICON for the WIRELESS connection is made to

the dial-up wireless access "Verizon Wireless - VZAccess" the activation of

VZAccess Manager will terminate that wireless connection.

Other WIRELESS access points are displayed by the VZAccess Manager. But

these are consistently connected to by using the normal Windows 10 SYSTRAY

ICON for these WIRELESS connections.

REGARDS,

Jerry

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Wireless

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Where to send a report about Windows 7 update to Windows 10 to the Verizon purchased HP Mini un2420.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to help you get connected again HPMiniW10. I do see the requirements for Vzaccess manager http://spr.ly/6585BydaS and it shows that we only support up to Windows 8.1. If you would like to still be connected you will need to revert back to the old system. Another option is you can purchase a Wireless modem. Would you like more information about that?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Where to send a report about Windows 7 update to Windows 10 to the Verizon purchased HP Mini un2420.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to help you get connected again HPMiniW10. I do see the requirements for Vzaccess manager http://spr.ly/6585BydaS and it shows that we only support up to Windows 8.1. If you would like to still be connected you will need to revert back to the old system. Another option is you can purchase a Wireless modem. Would you like more information about that?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HPMiniW10

Hello AmberF_VZW,,,,   Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

As mentioned in the REPORT a connect can be made using the WINDOWS 10 ICON for WIRELESS CONNECT POINTS but only to the VERIZON DIAL UP WIRELESS ACCESS.

Also, the REPORT defines that The "VERIZON WIRELESS" ACCESS point will not CONNECT.

I just wanted to make sure the report gets to the proper GROUP(s) for their review and corrections.

THANKS ,

Jerry

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
HPMiniW10

Hello AmberF_VZW,,,,  

FYI,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,"the "Correct Answer" button under my response"------- could not be found.....

Jerry

0 Likes
HPMiniW10

Hello AmberF_VZW,,,,,,   Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I am a NEW user of these COMMUNITY EMAIL procedures,,,,,    So, Please forgive me for making some USER MISTAKES,,,,

I had answered your entry on my submission of "Where to send a report about Windows 7 update to Windows 10 to the Verizon purchased HP Mini un2420.",,,I made a few replies to this SUBJECT,,,,,, But, I selected the  REPLY to "Jerry"  for each of those entries.....    ,,,SORRY!!! If you can see those entries  I hope those can clarify why I sent the first (original) entry.

Jerry

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You might best be served calling Verizon tech support rather than through chat and community forums.  That might provide a much faster response.

Verizon Wireless

ATTN: Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone

Mon - Fri, 7 AM - 11 PM local time

Sat - Sun, 8 AM - 9 PM local time

0 Likes
HPMiniW10

Hello  Snn5,,,,   Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

And,,,that can work!!!!

Just thought if this COMMUNITY is Monitored by VERIZON personnel they would know where to send the REPORT and  simply forward it to the proper GROUP(s),,,,,, I'll give Customer Service a call....

THANKS,,,,

Jerry

0 Likes