Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Which 4G LTE antenna is recommended for the 6620L Jetpack
rhammel

Looking to boost the signal for the 6620L.  What is the recommended 4G LTE antenna?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which 4G LTE antenna is recommended for the 6620L Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you receive the best signal possible when you are a Verizon Wireless customer rhammel. What speeds are you receiving on your  6620L Jetpack http://www.speedtest.net/ ? What zip code are you located in?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

This is a great resource for determining what to do about signal strength:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Complete the steps for performing a site survey and then visit the Interpret the Results tab.  Depending on what you find you should be able to determine if you are a good candidate for an additional antenna/booster or not.  After that you can browse for kits that can help you out, but there are going to be very limited options for boosting a true 4G LTE signal at this time.  Most of the existing antenna tech is for 3G only or only a small portion of the 4G LTE technology.

0 Likes
rhammel

zip code 33867.  We are getting 1 bar, sometimes 2.  We are getting 800 kbps typically download.  Trying to watch Netflix was terrible with all of the reloading.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rhammel,

Let's get you up to speed.  When did the trouble begin?  Have you attempted to use your jetpack in another service?  If so, does your speed improve?  Keep us posted so we can further assist.
EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rhammel

This is clearly an issue with the service at 33867 zip code where we only are getting 1 to 2 bars, sometimes even dropping back to 3G. At my home in 32908 zip code we are typically 2 to 3 bars and the jetpack gets better download speeds than Brighthouse.

I am kinds of miffed by reading the recommended signal strength we should be getting with 4G LTE service with the signal being recommended at -70. Even when I have been in areas with 4 and 5 bars we get no better than -78 to -80.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We need to get some additional information about the River Ranch area, rhammel.  Was there ever a time that you experienced reliable speeds? How long have you had signal issues? We want to make sure we get an understanding of the service history in your area. This will allow us to move forward in getting this resolved for you.
DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rhammel

We switched our cell service to Verizon less than a month ago. One of the

reasons for this is that Verizon is the major provider of cell service in

that area and the only one to provide landline /DSL service (to get

wifi). We currently have the landline / DSL service but wanted to

eliminate that bill with the use of the Jetpack along with improved cell

coverage. 1 bar is typically good enough for phone calls (our coverage

here has been great) but it is not good enough for long downloads such as

required for Netflix without multiple retries which then eats up your data

alottment.

On Aug 10, 2015 9:43 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

rhammel,

The VZW family is happy to have you as a customer. We know how important reliable service is to our customers.  To clarify are you mainly experiencing trouble indoors? We may need to recommend our Network Extender as an indoor solution at that location; http://vz.to/1UyYvEb

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
rhammel

I do not believe this is an indoor issue only. I still need to do some

signal strength and download tests as was suggested, however based on the

fact that I know the signal strength is limited in this whole area getting

a stronger signal to the Jetpack will make it work better.

On Aug 10, 2015 12:26 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes