Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't I auto forward calls?
TL-was-taken

One of the coolest features of the Samsung Gear S watch is the ability to forward all calls from your phone to your watch remotely from your watch.

Unfortunately, the software dials *92 then your Gear S number.

This call fails because *92 is not the proper number to forward calls.

It should be *72.

According to Verizon and Samsung support, there is not a way to change the *92 to *72.

There is also no known software update to fix this error.

This takes a MAJOR function of the watch away and with no "promise" to correct.

Sadly, the omission of this feature = return it to Verizon.

Any Gear S watch owners found a way to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Samsung Gear S - Unable to auto forward calls
TL-was-taken

After talking to several "levels" at Verizon tech support, I finally got someone that knew what was going on.

They entered a ticket to the network team to add the *92 short code to my area's switch.

Now the *92 auto forward is working flawless.

He also stated that he would check the other switches nation wide to verify that *92 was an allowed short code.

So the problem is FIXED!

View solution in original post

JasonVerizon2014

Had same problem and below is fix the issue

**No matter what(even you have not function setup on your phone and gear s) you need to call verizon customer service and ask them to active this function.) Ask them to active with shortest wait time for call forward. (Rep. says three ringtone(15 sec) to your phone and when you don't answer, then the call goes to your Gear S. Normally, it is setup so your phone will ring about four time(25-30sec) before going to Gear S.

I tested and now it works Great!!!

So just make sure call Verizon Customer service and ask for call delay forwarding setup/active it to the phone number you want to forward to your Gear S number..

0 Likes
TL-was-taken

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the watch is hard coded to dial *92 and when it dials *92 (plus 10 digit number), it errors out giving a "call can not be completed as dialed".  This occurs even if I enter *92 + number into my S5 also.  Oddly enough the Verizon customer service person located in CA was able to use the *92.

So it appears to be a unprogrammed "short code" *92 that is not programmed in my area's switch. (Missouri)

Two options are:

1. Submit to Samsung to change the forward number from *92 to *72

2. Verizon program my area's switch to allow *92

The engineer assigned to my case called and he is attempting to add the *92 short code since it is not possible to change on the Samsung Gear S OR Samsung Galaxy S5.
I am unsure if there are other areas that are affected but no one will be able to get the forwarding functionality to work in my area at least.
0 Likes
TL-was-taken

After talking to several "levels" at Verizon tech support, I finally got someone that knew what was going on.

They entered a ticket to the network team to add the *92 short code to my area's switch.

Now the *92 auto forward is working flawless.

He also stated that he would check the other switches nation wide to verify that *92 was an allowed short code.

So the problem is FIXED!

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

That is great news, thanks for sharing with us : )

0 Likes
Jason664

Not fixed!  Just dial *72 and your gear # to fix yourself!

0 Likes
TL-was-taken

You are correct - you can perform that action manually, but it did not work performing the "forward" function from the watch w/o my phone in my possession.  *92 is hard coded into the programming of the Gear S smart watch and until a firmware update is provided by Samsung, *92 is the only option.

This was key feature of the watch.

If the 92 does not forward your phone call Verizon support and have them add the *92 short code to the cellular switch in your area,  That is what needed to be done in my area.

I hope that explains it a little better.

0 Likes