Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't I get Usage information on my jetpack?
leeto1501

Why can't I get Usage info on my Verizon 4gLTE Jetpack?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why can't I get Usage information on my jetpack?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Jetpack model number please.

The data usage reporting features built into the Jetpacks are a little tough to get used to.  VZW only provides updates to your account data plan according to what it considers as a session.  Sessions are more or less a break in your data usage.  Sessions can be minutes or hours long although they usually aren't more than 6 hours in my experience.  As a session is recorded it is processed by VZW and then made available to users via the reporting tools such as the one found on the Jetpack itself.  You can find the same usage info online from your VZW account.

At the end of the day the usage reported on the Jetpack and other tools are only estimates.  Sessions fluctuate and adjust as VZW makes misc. corrections to the information it is provided.  The only usage that matters is what is reported on your bill at the end of the billing cycle.

If your Jetpack is not reporting data usage then check your account and make sure it is properly registered.  Do the usual reboot and resets to get everything synched up.  The Jetpack will start reporting as it is sent the data from there.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Jetpack model number please.

The data usage reporting features built into the Jetpacks are a little tough to get used to.  VZW only provides updates to your account data plan according to what it considers as a session.  Sessions are more or less a break in your data usage.  Sessions can be minutes or hours long although they usually aren't more than 6 hours in my experience.  As a session is recorded it is processed by VZW and then made available to users via the reporting tools such as the one found on the Jetpack itself.  You can find the same usage info online from your VZW account.

At the end of the day the usage reported on the Jetpack and other tools are only estimates.  Sessions fluctuate and adjust as VZW makes misc. corrections to the information it is provided.  The only usage that matters is what is reported on your bill at the end of the billing cycle.

If your Jetpack is not reporting data usage then check your account and make sure it is properly registered.  Do the usual reboot and resets to get everything synched up.  The Jetpack will start reporting as it is sent the data from there.

leeto1501

Hi,The model number is MHS291LVW. When I first got it last year it worked great and gave me the usage but doesn't anymore and it is a pain to always go to website to get the info.

Please fix this.

Tom

0 Likes
Re: Re: Why can't I get Usage information on my jetpack?
7e18n1

Do the usual things; turn the device off, disconnect it from external power and then remove and reinstall both the battery and the SIM card to reseat both. Turn it back on and check. Also, perform a factory reset as discussed on Page 27 of the User Manual.