Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigjim616
bigjim616

We upgraded back in Oct. Up grading the phone was ok. But we should have never I mean never had upgraded our jet pack. We had 16 GB.shared plan with not to much trouble. But then we went to 30 GB for the same price. Ever since then our data usage has gone up every month. This month we will be over. The thing of is is we haven't changed the way we use the internet. We don't do movies of music. Mostly all we do is maybe browse the internet and check our email. And with the data usage we don't hardly dare to browse the internet anymore, and still using tons of data. We are planning on going back to our old jet pack at the end of our billing cycle. And if that don't work maybe ditching Verizon for internet service. That means we will have to go back to satellite internet.

Also when we upgraded our jet pack our HP 6520 wireless printer quite working. So we got a new HP6520 and it done the same thing. Got ahold of HP and they sent me a replacement Another 6520 and it did the same thing sent both the new one and the replacement back. So now my 6520 is hooked up to the computer using a USB cable and working fine. I know there is a lot of people having the same problem. You would think that just maybe someone at Verizon might realize that there is a problem. Or maybe that they have so many customers that loosing  some will be ok with them.

Sign

Getting Tired Of Calling

Labels (1)
Re: bigjim616
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bigjim616

I'm sad to hear you're not enjoying your new jetpack! I understand how important it is to make sure your data usage is what you expect and that your device works like you need it to. I'd love to do all I can to resolve this and keep you in the VZW family for years to come!

With your new jetpack, is it left on while not in use by you? If so, are you able to turn in off or update the password that's in place on the device? This will help ensure no one else is connecting to this device and using data.

With the printer not working for you, was it connected to your previous jetpack and printing wirelessly before? Was the only trouble you were having with the new printers?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigjim616

Ok for two years we were using jetpack 4510L and 15 GB of data There were a few times we had to up our usage but not often. Then in Sep.  of 2014 we upgraded our phone from Galaxy S3 to the Galaxy S5. We also upgraded our jetpack from 4510L to 5510L jetpack. Then my printer wouldn't work. (HP6520 wireless) So we got a new HP6520 and it did the same thing. Got a hold of Hp and they sent me a new 6520 to replace it. It also did the same thing. In the mean time the data usage started going up. It went from 15Gb to 20.6 in Oct. then in Nov. 20.9 GB Dec. 27.8GB and Jan. it was over 29 GB. Almost use the whole 30GB last month. So we went back to our old jetpack on Jan. 20th. Still using a ton of data over 9.6GB in just 9 days. On 01/26/2015 @ 2:20PM it showed that we used 1.47188 GB, We were gone all day and every thing was turned off except the jetpack. Also we live out in the country, and our driveway is over 700 Ft. long, and we can't even see our neightbors. So nobody else is tapping into it. Almost forgot after going back to the 4510L jetpack my printer is working great again. If you can't come up with a fix, I would appreciate it very much letting us out of the MiFi contract.

James & Carol

0 Likes
bigjim616

Please reply to my email I will get it faster  (removed)

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rtiffin
Novice

bigjim616 your personal information has been removed by a Moderator because this is a community forum and most of us and end users as you are and do not have access to Verizon customers (which is good as far as I am concern  haha).. but I will be happy to try and assist.. but must do so here on forum ...

first I would like you to access the link above this area where you can see your account, under My Verizon, you will find an area that will show your items and usage.. find out WHAT is eating up all your data  (which device) .. must start there because that is alot of data usage if you are stating you were not there and units not on...

below is a link from support that will assist with setting the channel  on the Jetpack , to make sure you are not getting interference from anything else

Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 5510L Support | Verizon Wireless

this second link is to assist with troubleshooting if my first link did not fix the problem

Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi 5510L Troubleshooting | Verizon Wireless

both of these links are for the 5510 model of the 4G

please let us know if this solves the issues.. if not I will be happy to dig further

thanking you in advance

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

This is also a PUBLIC forum and anyone can read it. Posting personal information on a public isn't usually a good idea.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Novice

I am aware of that thank you.

0 Likes