Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
can't connect ellipsis jetpack to laptop using windows vista. does connect to all other windows appts. please help. my old myfi 2200 connected but not this one.
pholcombe

can't connect my ellipsis jetpack to my laoptop  windows vista. it does connect to all other windows. my laptop
use to connect to my old mifi 2200. can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: can't connect  ellipsis jetpack to laptop using windows vista. does connect to all other windows appts. please help. my old myfi 2200 connected but not this one.
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Normally when a PC cannot connect to a Jetpack it is because there is a password conflict saved to that machine.  Its normally best to go through your saved Wireless Profiles and wipe out anything that may be in there related to this new Jetpack and start fresh.

Once you confirm that the password and profile have been entered correctly the next test is to temporarily remove security on your Jetpack and test connecting without a password.  This will help you isolate if the Jetpack is able to connect to the PC at all or not.  If an open connection works then you know its simply a security conflict.  If an open connection does not work then there is a hardware problem on either the PC or the Jetpack that needs to get corrected.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: can't connect  ellipsis jetpack to laptop using windows vista. does connect to all other windows appts. please help. my old myfi 2200 connected but not this one.
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Normally when a PC cannot connect to a Jetpack it is because there is a password conflict saved to that machine.  Its normally best to go through your saved Wireless Profiles and wipe out anything that may be in there related to this new Jetpack and start fresh.

Once you confirm that the password and profile have been entered correctly the next test is to temporarily remove security on your Jetpack and test connecting without a password.  This will help you isolate if the Jetpack is able to connect to the PC at all or not.  If an open connection works then you know its simply a security conflict.  If an open connection does not work then there is a hardware problem on either the PC or the Jetpack that needs to get corrected.

0 Likes