Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cantenna data
battlax

Got it installed yesterday with 20G plan. Less than 24 hours and we've used 63G. Per support yesterday, it was on them and disregard billing if billed for it. Today, support states that it's our fault cause an ethernet cable is attached to Xbox one. Think this crap is going back before 14 days

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cantenna data
MiiHere
Leader

When you only have 20GB it's important to keep nothing plugged in or connected to it when not in use. It's also important to turn off all automatic updates from all phones, tablets, computers, gaming systems etc. Using the Xbox won't consume a lot of GB unless you're downloading games, or updates and I'd guess they are done automatically. Are you able to view the usage chart? What does it show as your primary data usage?

0 Likes
battlax

Clicked on everything that said usage and nothing would show up. Would have been nice if this had been explained to us before we got it. I was very explicit about it being for an Xbox one and what games are played. If we'd known the cord would let it use data when the Xbox is off we certainly would have unplugged it

0 Likes
battlax

And FYI. The tech showed up to install with his wife and kid. Really?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

It's certainly should be enough GB to PLAY the Xbox One, it's just not enough to update games, system, and download content if you do a ton of it. The online game play doesn't use a lot of GB. You may be able to check the Xbox to see when it last updated or when games last updated or installed if you want to plead your case to Verizon. Most updates for games are measured in KB or MB while a full complete download is measured in GB. It all just varies on the game.

I'm not familiar with Cantenna, but I'd even ask Verizon if it updated it's self; I know modems and routers have firmware that update, but all of these things are usually in KB and MB measurements also, but I suppose they all could add up.

While I think that is an insane amount of GB usage for less than 24 hours, you haven't said what all is connected and left on.

0 Likes
battlax

The only thing connected is the Xbox. We have direct tv, but not sure if that's connected. Use Att data on cell phones, no laptop or tablets

0 Likes