Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cellular gateway device
ngant17

I just picked up a Cellular Gateway device from Monnit. Wireless model. I want to monitor outside gate(s) and intrusion on premises.  Does this device count as another line?  It's just data that uploads to a cloud server.  Do I just have to pay for the data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: cellular gateway device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Allow me to elaborate a bit, Nathan. In review of your original message, I see that your question is about a device that you did not purchase from Verizon Wireless. If that device connects directly to your Verizon Wireless account as a service line, it will be a data charge associated with it along with an access fee. If that device uses data only by connecting to your WiFi network, then no charges from Verizon Wireless will be incurred.
If you call us to connect that device on your account, and assigned a line of service to it, you will be billed for data and access fee.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ngant17,

That is a great question! We always want our customers to have the best options for there accounts. To clarify, any device that accesses data would incur a charge on the account once it is added.
JasperMMVZWW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupportt
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrecttAnswer�� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ngant17

So that is a pretty generic answer. What exactly are you clarifying for me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Allow me to elaborate a bit, Nathan. In review of your original message, I see that your question is about a device that you did not purchase from Verizon Wireless. If that device connects directly to your Verizon Wireless account as a service line, it will be a data charge associated with it along with an access fee. If that device uses data only by connecting to your WiFi network, then no charges from Verizon Wireless will be incurred.
If you call us to connect that device on your account, and assigned a line of service to it, you will be billed for data and access fee.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ngant17

Given new changes in effect recently with Verizon, where does my device fit into the the classification now, price-wise?   I don't see it listed in "Device Type". 

I'm not using as a cell phone.  My cellular gateway device is not a voice cell phone but it has a cell number and MEID. It is not a tablet or netbook either, so exactly how does it get classified under Verizon?  It transmits and receives sensor data (M2M or machine-to-machine communcations) and it has an MEID.  It's part of the so-called Internet of Things that everyone is hyping about these days.  I'm trying to find the cheapest vendor to use the data plan on, but it not exactly "market-friendly" right now,

0 Likes