Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i am trying to add an ipad mini that was given to me to my existing account with verizon
feltsgyrl

I was given a brand new ipad mini for signing up for my masters at my school.  Of course they only have it set with the capability of using it with WiFi.  I called Verizon's tech support and asked if I could add the ipad to my existing account and use it with my plan and I was told that I could.  Does anyone know how to set this feature up?  Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated,especially if it works.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: i am trying to add an ipad mini that was given to me to my existing account with verizon
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> Of course they only have it set with the capability of using it with WiFi

That's your problem right there.  WiFi only means WiFi only.  You would need to get yourself a VZW Jetpack which can connect to the VZW network and broadcast a WiFi signal to your iPad.  They can easily add a Jetpack to your VZW account if that's what you want to do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i am trying to add an ipad mini that was given to me to my existing account with verizon
Loquat

Unless this iPad has a cellular antenna and was born on the VZW network...it's not going to work.  You can't take a WiFi only iPad and connect to a cellular tower.

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> Of course they only have it set with the capability of using it with WiFi

That's your problem right there.  WiFi only means WiFi only.  You would need to get yourself a VZW Jetpack which can connect to the VZW network and broadcast a WiFi signal to your iPad.  They can easily add a Jetpack to your VZW account if that's what you want to do.

0 Likes