Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
improve signal on wireless home phone
LB195601

I have a wireless home phone which placed by the window receives at best, for short periods of times 2 out of 3 bars.  My calls are somewhat broken up, not completely broken up, but enough to make it very hard to hear the other persons every 5th word.  Since this phone has a battery backup, I took it outside, upstairs, on the roof and it didn't change to reception ability.  I even drove it through the neighborhood with no real change to reception.  I recently installed a verizon wireless 4g network extender that has helped tremendously with my cell phone reception, but the wireless home phone has not changed.  Is there anything more I can do to get better reception on the wireless home phone.  

0 Likes
Re: improve signal on wireless home phone
jav6
MVP
MVP

@LB195601 wrote:

I have a wireless home phone which placed by the window receives at best, for short periods of times 2 out of 3 bars.  My calls are somewhat broken up, not completely broken up, but enough to make it very hard to hear the other persons every 5th word.  Since this phone has a battery backup, I took it outside, upstairs, on the roof and it didn't change to reception ability.  I even drove it through the neighborhood with no real change to reception.  I recently installed a verizon wireless 4g network extender that has helped tremendously with my cell phone reception, but the wireless home phone has not changed.  Is there anything more I can do to get better reception on the wireless home phone.  

What make/model is the 'wireless home phone'?  What is that phone connecting to?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, LB195601. We want to make sure you have the best connection to your wireless home phone. We are sending you a Private Note, to work with you. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, LB195601. Choppy phone calls are far from ideal. Let's see what we can do to improve them on your wireless home phone. Just to clarify, have you hooked up your network extender to it? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
LB195601

I don't know how to hook up the extender for the wireless home phone. On my cell phone I had to turn on the advanced calling feature, but I have no idea how to utilize the extender for the home wireless phone.

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@LB195601 wrote:

I don't know how to hook up the extender for the wireless home phone. On my cell phone I had to turn on the advanced calling feature, but I have no idea how to utilize the extender for the home wireless phone.

Again,  What make/model is the 'wireless home phone'?  What is that phone connecting to?

0 Likes
LB195601

Hello, The make /model of the wireless home phone is HUAWEI, Model F256-BVW It is connected to a VTECH wireless set of phones. I replaced a Panasonic wireless set of phones with the Vtech thinking is was the phones, but it wasn't. I also connected a standard single wired phone to the unit and it performed the exact same way. So my assumption is it is not the phones. I look forward to your response.

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@LB195601 wrote:

Hello, The make /model of the wireless home phone is HUAWEI, Model F256-BVW It is connected to a VTECH wireless set of phones. I replaced a Panasonic wireless set of phones with the Vtech thinking is was the phones, but it wasn't. I also connected a standard single wired phone to the unit and it performed the exact same way. So my assumption is it is not the phones. I look forward to your response.

The 4G Network Extender 2 User Manual says: "Make sure your Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mobile phone has the Advanced Calling feature turned on."  which implies the 'device/base unit (not phone)' connecting to the extender's signal needs to support Advanced Calling as most smartphones do.  It could be your wireless home phone system is compatible with the Verizon network cellular signal, but NOT compatible with the 4G Network Extender provided signal which may be handled differently.

Maybe a VerizonWireless agent can research and comment here on the compatibility of your device and the 4G Network Extender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, LB195601. We want to make sure you have a reliable signal. To clarify, are you attempting to hook up your home phone to your network extender? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
LB195601

Yes,  I have a network extender because I could not get any signal on my cell phone.  With the extender that problem has been corrected, but my home phone is terribly choppy that you can not have a conversation.  I placed the wireless home phone device next to my extender for three minutes and longer, which has had no effect.  

0 Likes