Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
intertek router
mfrick

I have an Intertek router. I am trying to reach a home pc from the internet. I got a static ip address on the pc. I have done a port forward to the pc. I can reach the pc internally use either localhost + port # or the static ip address however I can't connect from the outside using the external ip + port #. I understand that the external ip address changes and I do adjust for that. Is there a way to find out where and why the connection is not happening?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: intertek router
7e18n1

Can you ping the router’s IP address from the internet?

0 Likes
mfrick

Yes I can. I ping it from the command prompt and used an outside service. Both were successful.

0 Likes
7e18n1

Do those pings show up in the router's Security Log?

0 Likes
mfrick
Jan 24 14:53:21 2016Firewall InfoRate Limit1 messages of type [15] Default policy suppressed in 1 second(s)

I went to firewall, security log;  the time of the message above matches the time that I pinged the router.

0 Likes
mfrick

I guess it is obvious that I don't  know what to look for in the security log. What would a successful ping look like?

0 Likes
7e18n1

You might try Microsoft Remote Desktop on the target computer to see if it can be accessed over the internet.

0 Likes
mfrick

It seem to me that there are 3 potential failure points; router firewall, windows firewall and the web server.  You would think that there are logs available on each that would indicate either success or failure. I have looked at the routers firewall and system logs and can't see anything (not even the successful pings) that indicate what happen to the incoming web traffic. Do you guys know what is suppose to be record in these logs? Is here a log for the windows firewall, if o how do I access it?

thanks for the help

rick

0 Likes
7e18n1

> Do you guys know what is suppose to be record in these logs?

What I usually do is watch a log which helps determine what individual entries mean.

> Is here a log for the windows firewall, if o how do I access it?

As a matter of fact, https://www.google.com/webhp?gws_rd=ssl#q=windows+firewall+log

0 Likes