Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macbook pro doesn't recognize usb modem
pdubya

I recently got a new MacBook Pro, Yosmite OS X. I've had  USB modem for a while, and it worked fine with my previous Macbook. It's a 4g LTE 551L modem. It has worked intermittently, but the last day I tried to use it, my computer just kept telling me to insert the modem.

I have:

Restarted computer with and without modem inserted

Used Settings>Network> and selected USB modem to "find," which my computer can't seem to do

I use the modem in my weekend cabin where there's no wifi, so it's kind of important to have this connection. I just don't understand why it works one day and not the next. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: macbook pro doesn't recognize usb modem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get your service connected pdubya! I do apologize you are having issues with your new investment. I know how important it is that you are able to get some kind of connection. Is the correct VZAccess manager installed on your computer? Try going here: http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx . Use the chart to find your specific device/OS version and then download/install the corresponding version of VZAccess Manager

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes