Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mifi 5510l download speed dropped to .14Mbps and factory reset didnt help... any other ideas?
tyty1978

we have an unlimited plan and the other day my Mifi download speed dropped from 20 mbps to .14 mbps and thats as fast as it will get now. i have done a factory reset and it didnt help at all... anyone with other ideas on what i can try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mifi 5510l download speed dropped to .14Mbps and factory reset didnt help... any other ideas?
MiiHere
Leader

How many GB have you used on your MiFi this month? You may have reached your "max" and they are slowing your speed until the billing cycle ends. I know it's unlimited, but unlimited plans have fine print.

0 Likes
Re: mifi 5510l download speed dropped to .14Mbps and factory reset didnt help... any other ideas?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Please confirm which MiFi/Jetpack model that you have.  The legacy 3G only Unlimited accounts have restrictions posted to them regarding Network Optimization.  Essentially unlimited users get throttled during peak hours, but if you connect when there is enough local bandwidth you will retain full speed.

This policy has evolved a little and I haven't read the fine details in a while.  Check out the link below for the fine print.

Network Optimization:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-optimization/

If you feel you are not getting optimized then your Jetpack could be suffering from a temporary problem.  I would suggest performing the usual resets such as powering on/off, removing the SIM card and pressing the Reset button to restore the defaults.  If the problem is temporary one of the resets should clear it up.