Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
my kindle fire says that I'm connected to my jet pack but I'm not able to browse
DebGerlach

my kindle fire says that I'm connected to jet pack, yet I'm unable to browse

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: my kindle fire says that I'm connected to my jet pack but I'm not able to browse
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

If you are truly connected to your Jetpack (IP Address = 192.168.x.x) and not able to browse then I would suggest performing the various resets to the Jetpack as it may be suffering from a temporary glitch of some kind.  Resets include power cycling the Jetpack, Removing the SIM card for 30 seconds and finally restoring the defaults with the button under the back cover of the Jetpack.

If you are not actually connected to your Jetpack (IP address = 169.254.x.x) then you most likely need to delete your wireless profile for the Jetpack on the Kindle and start over again from scratch.

The Jetpack should have a menu option that allows you to review and confirm which devices are actually connected.  You will have to cross compare MAC addresses with the devices you are aware of to figure out which ones are connected or not.  Otherwise checking the IP address on the Kindle is usually a good enough indication on if it is connected or not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: my kindle fire says that I'm connected to my jet pack but I'm not able to browse
acemoose

I have the same problem -- I'll keep checking this forum and asking around as well- if I find the solution I will post it. Until then I suppose I could just drop into Starbucks when I need to us Free WiFi.....

0 Likes
acemoose

Here is something I just found-- I hope this helps (us both)
Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Can I connect my Kindle Fire to my wireless modem somehow?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

If you are truly connected to your Jetpack (IP Address = 192.168.x.x) and not able to browse then I would suggest performing the various resets to the Jetpack as it may be suffering from a temporary glitch of some kind.  Resets include power cycling the Jetpack, Removing the SIM card for 30 seconds and finally restoring the defaults with the button under the back cover of the Jetpack.

If you are not actually connected to your Jetpack (IP address = 169.254.x.x) then you most likely need to delete your wireless profile for the Jetpack on the Kindle and start over again from scratch.

The Jetpack should have a menu option that allows you to review and confirm which devices are actually connected.  You will have to cross compare MAC addresses with the devices you are aware of to figure out which ones are connected or not.  Otherwise checking the IP address on the Kindle is usually a good enough indication on if it is connected or not.

0 Likes