Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
need help connecting printer wirelessly
knitterforever

I have a new printer, which works fine if I connect it to my laptop with a USB cable.  It won't connect wirelessly to my router, though.  I can't get past the screen which asks for the network password.  I have the password which was created when we got the FIOS router several years ago, which does not work.  I tried the wireless password and the administrative password which are printed on the router's label, but neither work.  I've tried the serial number of the router, which does not work.  Honestly, I just don't know what else to try!  Tech support for the printer company connected remotely to my computer but also could not get past the screen where you enter the password.  He asked me to reset the router, and when I did this, we were disconnected, so even tech support did not help me.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be so grateful!

Thank you -

KnitterForever

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: need help connecting printer wirelessly
7e18n1

This is the Verizon Wireless forum, you need the Verizon (Communications) forum.

Try your question here:  https://forums.verizon.com

That said, now that you have reset the Actiontec FiOS router, the default password should be in effect, it is written on the back or the bottom of the router.