Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reception
DoctorChopper

I joined Verizon almost 2 years ago, and have had spotty coverage in my rural area.  I was told when I purchased the phone that a new cell tower was being constructed in town, and would be up in a couple of months.  So far, no cell tower or improved reception.  Now that I am close to a new contract, I am considering changing carriers, but had 2 questions.  First, how can I tell if a new tower will be going up in my community?  Second, will I be able to get wifi calling soon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: reception
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You don't know if a new tower is coming until the papers print it or you see the tower going up, and even then it can be a long time till it is powered on and would it even be Verizons tower?  And, WiFi calling is up in the air right now as Vzw leadership has stated it is not needed yet rumors abound that it might come this summer or by years end.  Neither of the above is a good reason to wait on Verizon to improve service in your area.  If it gets better, come back to Verizon when it does, but don't wait on them if you know you can get better service elsewhere.

0 Likes