Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weak WiFi signal
sparky0001

I can't get a WiFi signal to stay connected at my house because it's always out of range....is  there any kind of antenna or booster i can buy to help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: weak WiFi signal
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Where is the wifi signal being broadcast from? A router you own or a mifi or something else? What device is having trouble connecting to the wifi signal?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sparky0001

I was using WiFi  connection from my neighbors    but it is very weak     ,

0 Likes
sparky0001

I can connect,  but I loose it right away

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

I hope you had permission to use their wifi router.

That said. There is no way to know where in their house the router is located. The signal would have to travel through the exterior walls on not one but two houses. Plus through whatever interior walls in either building. Then if you consider all the electrical wiring in those walls. Honestly I'm surprised you are seeing signal at all.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

It sounds like its time you consider getting your own internet connection.

Home routers are not intended to broadcast signals across multiple homes.  They are designed to cover around 2000 sq. feet and only 2 floors (current + 1) vertically due to antenna design and power. 

If your neighbor did not design their personal wifi network with you in mind then there is nothing you can do.  All you can do is work with them and see if you can get them to update their networking equipment to benefit your own needs. 

0 Likes