Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weird 3g/4g ONLY DNS issues
hcanning2012

Hi,

I'm a web developer and if I veiw my webpage on wifi its current but if I view it on T-Mobile or Verizon 3g/4g Mobile internet on my phone I get a historic page. My website propagated a month back. Never experienced this before and has most people stumped. webpage view is fine with AT+T and Sprint and any WIFI internet. Issue is solely 3g/4g MOBILE INTERNET.Browsers caches are clear and it impacts Android and iPhone smartphones?

Is there somewhere I can submit a domain for DNS cache clearing?

Any fix?

Thanks

FYI: Re: Weird DNS cache issue on Mobile 3g/4g Verizon Internet - Verizon Forums

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: weird 3g/4g ONLY DNS issues
dilbertaz

DNS caching only affects the IP address that the website name points to so unless your website has moved to another IP address then DNS cache cleaning will have no affect.  Can you share the website and point out what would be different so others can test it for you (or email a link)?

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

You can always use your own DNS if you don't like the DNS that VZW provides you.  For example google offers a free DNS that can be configured directly to your device or Jetpack.  Simply override the default DNS if you think that is the problem.

Verizon will update its DNS service automatically if you give it enough time.  You will most likely need to wait for their DNS discovery service to re-crawl back through your site and update the links to it to permanently resolve the problem.

0 Likes
hcanning2012

Issue is nobody can access my site until the recrawl. Updating DNS on the phone to opendns or Google isn't satisfactory. Incorrect webpage is there a week. Verizon WiFi is ok. The 3g and 4g is the issue. 3g must have different Cache systems.

0 Likes
hcanning2012

I wonder is there a meta tag I can add to my homepage that will assist the crawler to refresh its cache. Hmmm

0 Likes
hcanning2012

Issue is with bhrlan.com. On WiFi you will correctly get a login pop up. Htpasswd stuff. On Verizon 3g u get a blue error screen.  Not sure how Sprint tmobile and Sprint 3g do it.

0 Likes
dilbertaz

It isn't DNS and caching it has to do with the way you are doing the redirect and being handled differently between Chrome on windows and Chrome on the phone (at least that is the browsers I tested with).  If I ping on both my pc and my phone both result in the same destination IP address which means the DNS is working fine.  I do notice on the phone that the failed redirect seemed to be missing http:// or https:// I would look at the domain registrar you are using and the configuration there.  I have seen issues similar to this when it isn't configured properly.  The browser on PC just seems to be smarter about handling the problem than on the phone.  I would also try setting your phone as a hotspot and try going to your site with a laptop connected to it as well, that would prove or disprove that it is a configuration/browser issue and not verizon/sprint issue.

0 Likes
hcanning2012

Ok thanks I will examine it from that context. Would it suggest a htaccess rule being misinterpreted in some devices? Anything that narrows is down is great.

0 Likes
dilbertaz

That would definitely be a good possibility, also look at where ever you have the domain registered, there are different ways of specifying mapping of site name to ip (cname records, a records, etc.) it could easily be the way this is configured as well.

0 Likes