Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
which data plan for 2 hours daily of sd netflix movie streaming?
humanone

Just now buying a jetpack 4g and live where there is no other wi-fi possibilities. We watch approx 2 hours of nexflix (sd not hd) daily. Which data plan do I need?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: which data plan for 2 hours daily of sd netflix movie streaming?
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Data Calculator - Verizon Wireless

According to that, if you use 2 hours of streaming video a day in SD, that's 40GB a month.  $260 for 40GB and $335 for 50GB a month.  The 50GB being safer.

Plan Listing

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Data Calculator - Verizon Wireless

According to that, if you use 2 hours of streaming video a day in SD, that's 40GB a month.  $260 for 40GB and $335 for 50GB a month.  The 50GB being safer.

Plan Listing

0 Likes
7e18n1

Google Netflix Standard Definition Bandwidth

“Watching Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video. This can create headaches for Netflix members that have a monthly bandwidth or data cap on their Internet service.”

At $8 to $16 per GB depending on the band plan, watching Netflix on a Jetpack is not cost efficient.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

I also don't get that data calculator.  According to it, AC1.0 uses less data than HD video to chat.  Also, I just don't see how they expect me to be able to do all that it says I can do on a 1GB plan.  That leads me to think that OP may need the 60GB for $400+.  That's flat out crazy pricing I know it seems but it is in line with what we pay for regarding smartphone data.

0 Likes