3G Watchdog
jlm072085

I am trying to understand my data usage.  I downloaded an app called 3G Watchdog.  I started it on Jan 8th and today it has recorded that I have used 16.19Mb.  It has a message saying if I keep my usage constant that by Feb 8th I will have used 73.8Mb.

I have also looked at my verizon account usage and for the last 3 months it is showing I used over 800Mb in each of them.

That does seem to be a very drastic difference...

I am just trying to see if the 29.99 unlimited plan is really worth it or if I can switch to the 15.00 150Mb plan..

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: 3G Watchdog
Wildman
Legend

If you browse the web and have any email account setup I would make a observation that the app is incorrect because just opening one full viewed web page would hit you usually over a meg and more if the page has flash embedded in it. I am not sure what data the app is figuring but I would say its probably not accurate.  I go through 3 - 4 Gigs at times in a month with regular use and data usage goes fast with everyday use.

0 Likes
Re: 3G Watchdog
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Even if you don't use the web on your phone, there are several things that may possibly be using data in the background.  On my phone, for example, I have a weather/time widget, a Facebook widget, an AndroidCentral widget, and the google scoreboard widget that all use data, as well as my google sync, gmail, other email app, and a Phandroid app that all update on a semi-regular basis, using data, though scaled back a bit to conserve battery.  Point is, you may be using your data connection without even knowing it.  I would say, keep an eye on your bill for a few months (or download MyVerizon app and use their data use widget) and get a good average of what you use.

0 Likes