ADW is a great Home replacement.
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

I just wanted anyone that was looking that ADW is the best homescreen replacement for Android. It is free and gives you so many options. They have themes now available and they are awesome.

Just to let people that dont know what it does. It gives you the options for up to 7 screens, speed increases, HTC sense like screen previews, dock bar, ability to hide app names... etc...

I have tried them all, and it is the smoothest and fastest available.

If anyone wants a list of what I tried here they are;

• Launcher Pro
  • Panda Home
  • Open Home
  • Helix
  • aHome
  • dxtop
  • freshface
  • sweeter home
  • Project X

I have tried a few more I just cant remember their names.

Best app for Android... download this and support Ander, because he is doing so much for the community.

0 Likes
Re: ADW is a great Home replacement.
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

I'm using it as well,  I chose it over LauncherPro because of its features and overall speed and stability.

I love the Dockbar - I didn't even know what it was at first till I saw a screenshot of it in a review :smileywink:

LauncherPro seems to get a little bigger and slower with each new update, not to mention the occasional FC's.

I don't recall ever seeing a FC with ADW.

Besides, I was running both for a while, switching between them with HomeSwitcher while I compared and decided, until I read an article that detailed the hazards of running more than one Home app at a time - turns out it was right, I was loading multiple instances of pages full of widgets and it seemed to really drag the system down.

Since I chose one and deleted the other my Droid is fast again.

0 Likes
Re: ADW is a great Home replacement.
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Home++ is my favorite.  I have tried a few myself and I keep coming back to Home++.  I like simplicity with the ability to add and remove features.  Launcher Pro is pretty nice too but Home++ just seems to add a little extra for me. 

0 Likes