Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adding Ringtones and Wallpapers to My Droid
AmandaBurnette

Help!

I just bought a ringtone and a wallpaper from the VZW store for my Droid, but I can't add them to my phone!

I can set the picture as a wallpaper, but it requires me to crop it, and it makes it look ugly. Is there a way I can add it to the background without cropping it?

And, I got the text with my ringtone in it, but I can't figure out how to add it as a ringtone. I've done almost everything I can think of. Touching "options" doesn't give me ay kind of option to "save as ringtone" etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Adding Ringtones and Wallpapers to My Droid
xoblivion6x

I have this same problem. Can't save images or ringtones to phone from texts or emails. Also can't save pictures from applications or internet browsing which I could do on my Storm.

Having the same problem with my wallpapers. Can't save them out of the Backgrounds app and when I set anything as wallpaper it makes me crop it and it zooms in so much it looks horrible.

If anyone can help with this that would be great!

0 Likes
logicman
Novice

See the solutions for Bought ringtone from Verizon and can't access it and Saving Pictures received as a text message to the photo album. Help plz

There are apps that will let you create your own ringtones. RingDroid is one. Also, the Backgrounds application has lots of free graphics that should work properly as wallpapers.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
  1. For Ringtones....
  2. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
    Applications tab
  3. Touch Messaging.
    Messaging
  4. Touch the desired message.
    Select Message
  5. Touch and hold the area outside the message / attachment.
    touch and hold area outside attachment
  6. Touch the desired message option and select Saves the ringtone to the phone. 
  1. Select message option
0 Likes