Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amazon MP3 on Droid not working
dugnyc

The Amazon MP3 service on my Droid is not working. Whenever I launch it, it almost always simply goes to force quit. It did work a few times, but when I tried to use it to purchase, it goes all the way through to charging my card then the download falls and if I try to do anything further it force quits.

I know it's part of the OS (or something... it's not an App) so I don't seem to have anyway to re-install or update it.

Help?!?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Amazon MP3 on Droid not working
diddylevine

Had the exact same problem. Hooked my droid up to a debugger to view the logs when trying to run Amazon MP3 and found that it was complaining about a failure to create a specific database table. I suspect a previous force close or stop application might have left a database that the Amazon MP3 app uses in a corrupt state. The good news is there is a simple solution that does not require restoring factory settings and losing time and data!

This is what worked for me starting from "Home":

1) Menu Key--> Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications

2) Menu Key-->Filter-->All-->Amazon MP3-->Clear data

Next time you start up Amazon MP3 you will need to re-enter your account information, 1-click setup etc... but that goes pretty fast. Before I did these steps I backed up my previously downloaded amazon mp3s to be safe, but I do not believe the Clear data removes mp3s. Probably removes account info, search history and the like.

This took longer than I'd like to admit to solve! But I bet this same solution would work for other posts I have read about applications constantly force closing and no way to fix...try Clearing data for that app before going through the trouble of a factory reset. Especially for these stock apps that you cannot un-install and re-install.

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
JayBird

THANKS!

I just had a similiar problem.  When I'd go into Amazon MP3 and click on downloads to list the items i've bought/downloaded - i would see a screen saying that certain downloads had expired and it would try to re-download the songs.  But it would never connect out and actually do anything - it would just say it was redownloading the songs.  After seeing your solution it got rid of the problem.  It does remove your download history - it does not remove the songs.  They're still there ready to be played.  Thanks for the solution!

0 Likes
damnedrm

JayBird wrote:

THANKS!

I just had a similiar problem.  When I'd go into Amazon MP3 and click on downloads to list the items i've bought/downloaded - i would see a screen saying that certain downloads had expired and it would try to re-download the songs.  But it would never connect out and actually do anything - it would just say it was redownloading the songs.  After seeing your solution it got rid of the problem.  It does remove your download history - it does not remove the songs.  They're still there ready to be played.  Thanks for the solution!

Personally  I think the better way is to make a copy of the bought music on computer or external HDD, then you'll never lose them again.

For some DRM-protected .wma songs or .wmv video movie bought from Amazon Video on Demand, you can use a 3rd party program to strip the copy protection and convert Droid compatible mp3 aac mp4 format.

Google searched this article Transfer iTunes Amazon music video DVD movie to Motorola Droid, you can find everything need there.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Gunslngr21

I thought all the music in the amazon mp3 store was DRM free? Not to derail the thread but since the OP had his question answered I'll just throw my question in here. If i download music from the amazon mp3 store on to my phone, will I be able to move those mp3s to my computer and then use them to burn a CD?

0 Likes
Daethian
oh thank you thank you thank you!!! My Shazam Amazon MP3 purchase started acting up and then the app was force closing. Shazam had no idea what was wrong. Thanks so much!!!!!! Its fixed!
0 Likes
tieleeny

I've been trying to fix the same problem for weeks with no help from verizon or amazon! Thank you, diddylevine, so much for the info that you provided to the other user!   YOU ARE MY SAVIOR LOL

0 Likes