Amazon mp3 app unable to remove?
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
So, I was attempting to download this app to test it out when I saw user reviews stating you can't uninstall the app after download. I decided not to take the dive in the Amazon lava pool. Then I got thinking, if rumors are true about Verizon updates containing apps like this then what choice would we have other than ignoring it like CityId. Hmmm.... figures...
0 Likes
Re: Amazon mp3 app unable to remove?
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I just wish I had it.  I liked it for buying music.  I bought the new Jimmi Hendrix album that way on my DROID.  I was sad that I didn't have it on my Incredible.  I am looking forward to the update that is coming that includes it. 

You know for what it is worth. 

0 Likes
Steve_CTR

Amazon MP3 on the X is stock, it is not user removable.

For anyone who wants to install the Amazon MP3 app (looking at you Droid Incredible users) go here

Thanks!
Steve from CrappyTechReviews.com

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

fezzik wrote:

I just wish I had it.  I liked it for buying music.  I bought the new Jimmi Hendrix album that way on my DROID.  I was sad that I didn't have it on my Incredible.  I am looking forward to the update that is coming that includes it. 

You know for what it is worth. 

I am not a fan of the amazon Mp3. I liked iMusic until it was removed. Wish there was a way to remove the amazon mp3 though....actually wish you could uninstall preloaded apps. Oh well.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I am not a fan of the amazon Mp3. I liked iMusic until it was removed. Wish there was a way to remove the amazon mp3 though....actually wish you could uninstall preloaded apps. Oh well.

It's only going to get worse I think.... Thats why I'm bringing this one up.... Makes me mad I'm getting apps I don't want or use. On the other hand if Froyo can block this from eating up my memory under normal use I'll be happier... Doubt it... 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Or........could possibly someone make an app to uninstall the preloaded apps?

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Get it done great one!!!! I'll spring the buck!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Well now I agree about unloading pre loaded apps.  I have the DINC and I would love to be rid of City ID.  Never had a need for it took me extra clicks to get off a phone call and even if I had thought it was useful to pay for something like that makes no sense what so ever. 

I do wish that there was always a top of the line hardware wise straight stock Android phone at all times available for Verizon.  It saddens me that all we can get now are phones with junk stuffed on them and custom user interfaces that slow down upgrades.  Just kind of wish there was an alternative for those of us who are more interested in up-to-date software. 

It would be nice to see a company put out a quality Android phone with Stock phone no extra junk for Verizon.  Maybe when LTE comes out we can get unlocked Android phones from somewhere. 

It won't ever happen.  The extra junk that we can't get rid of makes someone money.  Based on recent manufacturer comments it is the network that gets paid to put them on phones as a sort of advertising.  It is an unfortunate side effect of the open software.  Anyone can do whatever they want with it and that includes adding junk that no one wants or needs.  They can frustrate the devil out of us to make an extra buck to help subsidize the equipment and we complain and moan but a few people sign up for it and everyone wins except for the people who hate having it in the first place.  The only thing I don't like about it is you can't turn it off I finally got it so that it doesn't bother me but it will always be there taking up app space like a plague. 

As long as some developer or company is willing to pay the network and/or the manufacturer to load their junk on phones we will have to deal with it. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
And the worst part, from what I understand, is that on froyo, even with a2sd, you can't move stock apps to your card.
0 Likes