Android Gift Cards.
SpencerM

Is anyone else wondering on the concept of gift cards for the Android Market.?

Android should kno that options for using a credit card to buy a app is not always convient for people. (teenagers)

Making these gift cards for the Android Gift cards would increse the pay for the Andriod, plus be a win/win situation for all.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Android Gift Cards.
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Payment Methods

You can make purchases through Google Checkout using a credit, debit, or gift card with the following logos:

• American Express*
  • Discover*
  • MasterCard
  • Solo**
  • Visa
  • Visa Electron**

Additionally, T-Mobile customers in the U.S. can purchase applications from the Android Market using direct carrier billing.

The types of cards accepted through Google Checkout are based on the seller's location. Other types of payments, such as checks, money orders, and direct bank account debit, aren't currently accepted.

*  Accepted only in the United States
   ** Accepted outside of the United States
0 Likes
Re: Android Gift Cards.
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It could be a neat thing to do really.  However, have you thought about a prepaid visa.  I use the Upside card.  I have a bank account and a full time job but I use it as sort of a budgeting tool.  My allowance gets put on that card each pay check and the rest is bills and savings.  I am hoping it will work out a little better starting this month recently that money is gone in the first week and the next week is a pain having to pull from checking instead of putting in savings.  Enough of my personal stuff.  Upside card is really geared towards teens.  Parents can put money in the card and people can put money on the card as a gift.  You can transfer money to other Upside card users so friends can give each other birthday cash or whatever that way.  Some of the plans have fees some don't and most of them have a way around the fees like meeting certain deposit amounts or whatever but if I recall correctly none of them are more than $2 or $3 bucks a month.  It works like a debit card and aside from one Chinese place where I live everyone takes it like they would any other card. 

It would work on the Market.  You can load it a variety of ways like green Dot, put in a card number, transfer from your bank through ACH, direct deposit if you have a job, etc etc etc. 

There are also Visa Gift cards.  They work at fewer places but generally work like a visa. 

0 Likes