Android Market now available online
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
http://market.android.com/

Google has finally enabled their web-based market storefront. You can now view every app in the market online, as well as... wait for it... remotely push apps to your device. This should certainly make browsing for apps a bit easier, being able to do it on a computer.
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Android Market now available online
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nice!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

so is it real similar to appbrain? 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I haven't used it personally, I'm not currently in the market for new apps, however, what I have read on it does sound very similar to appbrain.  I, however, like this idea better, as you only need your market login and it does not require an additional app on your phone.  Supposedly, this is also a step toward instituting Google Music, making the Market similar to iTunes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Since I am currently reinstalling applications after a little tweaking, I think will give this avenue a try this weekend. Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Don't be to upset if it doesn't work for you because of this but, like I said, I haven't tried it myself yet.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I tried it when it first was reported a few days back and unless I am missing something it didnt work correctly for me, I decided to download a game called Gun Bros that was showing as free on the site but I couldnt find it on the market and when I scan code it said it was unavailible but the site said download was complete...   After removing app from list a few times and adding it back the file finally sent me a Market responce and I was able to download the game.  Maybe it has a delay before it grants access.

The ideal is sound but they may want to give more details on how it is suppose to function...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It worked!  I downloaded two apps.  There was a problem with the first one, but it showed up in my list of apps within the Market app as Free so I selected to install it there.  The second one I pushed to the phone, appeared as downloading, installing and finally installed without me opening the market app.  I think the first one might have got interrupted somewhere maybe when I cleared the notification or when I opened the market app on the phone.  I have a few more apps to load yet to the phone so I will have more chances to check if it continues to go smoothly.

Wildman
Legend

That sound right because I had a issue on the first one, I will have to try another one when I get home but that sounds exactly like what happened to me so I believe I should be good also.

Thanks for the update...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange, tried to install a few apps again lastnight with no luck using the site, I might try a reset to make sure its not a software causing issue also what is strange I have a device from job and a personal device, both Droid X and the site appears to show both when one is listed under a corp accout and has no link to me, even email is a corp setup... Strange it reconized it with my personal logon...

0 Likes