Android app
Dohc2010

Is there an android app that can lock what ever program you want it to? (example: pictures, videos, messaging, or contacts) and then have to use a password to access it? if so CAN ANYONE MAKE ONE?!?! this would be very helpful as every time i make a pattern lock someone figures it out even if i wipe the finger marks off!

0 Likes
Re: Android app
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Dohc2010 wrote:

Is there an android app that can lock what ever program you want it to? (example: pictures, videos, messaging, or contacts) and then have to use a password to access it? if so CAN ANYONE MAKE ONE?!?! this would be very helpful as every time i make a pattern lock someone figures it out even if i wipe the finger marks off!

try:

1. YourKey Auto Lock - some problems associated with past users.  just work with it first before judging.

2. Lock 2.0 - costs 1.99. buy it on your day off, play with it all day to make sure it's what you want, if not return it within 24 hours at no cost to you.  24 HOURS.  they have a demo app, FREE, give that a try i guess first, but limited time usage.

3. Image Lock - provides a lock pin for your pictures. mixed reviews though.

post your query here and maybe a developer will see it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/

or contact a developer through the android market who came up with something almost like what you are looking for and suggest it to them.  many apps have been created because of simple suggestions like yours.  for every person that wants a particular type of app, there are 500 people wanting the same but too aftraid to ask.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why are people so concerned about locking their phones?  How do other people have access to your phone?  Just curious.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Why are people so concerned about locking their phones?  How do other people have access to your phone?  Just curious.

i work for an inventory company and sometimes i leave my phone next to my laptop for 15 minutes at a time (i have a bluetooth with a range that seems like infinity) so i dont need to have it near me. but whats to say that someone doesnt get curious and wonder whats inside?

extra security is not a bad thing.

0 Likes
Dohc2010

Me personally I have friends who will try to read my conversations, view my pics, videos and sometimes I will leave my phone charging and I will come back and my friend has my phone is his hand looking through my stuff.. The pattern is cool but not very secure. I just need good security so I don't have to worry about this. I have suggested this to an app developer. He may or may not work on it. Not sure yet.

0 Likes