Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anyone know a bluetooth-enabled video chat app?
Jax_Omen
Have tried: Skype, Tango, Fring, Qik. Of them:

Skype is buggy as hell and only works with a bluetooth for voice calls, no video.

Fring is reliable but, again, bluetooth does not work during video calls.

Tango: video calls are the best of the batch for video quality, but not bluetooth compatible at ALL that I could find, and the audio loops back horribly when used over speakerphone.

Qik: Video splits itself into four segments, then pinstripes those four segments. Didn't even try bluetooth due to non-functional video.

I've submitted feedback to the first three to please include bluetooth support for video calls but never received a response. Does anyone know of another app that *does* offer bluetooth video call support? My girlfriend wants to watch me drive while we talk *shrug*
0 Likes
Re: Anyone know a bluetooth-enabled video chat app?
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Actualy you are the first one I seen ask flor this option, I do not think any of the video char apps support this ... I guess this option could be useful somewhat.

0 Likes
Jax_Omen
Well my need for it is honestly pretty silly, but I can see how it might be useful for someone to, say, use a video chat app in a noisier environment successfully. And as 4g becomes prevalent, video calls on-the-go are going to become more and more common.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i guess i've never even considered this either. i gigure if i'm close enough to the device to be video calling, then the speaker works just fine. it would be a nice option though.

0 Likes
tangohacker

Here's a version of Tango that supports Bluetooth:

http://tangohacks.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3

0 Likes