Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anyone know a good app for displaying DbM in the notification bar?
Jax_Omen
(I don't mind apps that require some dental work :smileyvery-happy:)

Basically I don't like the signal bar display methodology, it doesn't really tell me anything about the signal I'm getting, it just makes something up. Is 2 bars good? not good? hard to say, since on some phones that's 2/4 bars, is that good? That's 50% signal right? or on mine I have a total of 6 so is 2 bars 33% signal? see, it's confusing and meaningless. DbM, on the other hand, is clear-cut and universal, I know a -80DbM signal is very good, -90 is ok, -100 is bad, and -110 is unusable/no signal. I'd love to have that information in my notification bar, and I'd especially love to have it replace the useless signal bars I have up there now. Any recommendations?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Anyone know a good app for displaying DbM in the notification bar?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Real Signal by kenyu73

It won't replace the signal bars actually it will add some.  It does list the dbm when you pull down the notification window.  I have been using it for over six months now.

hope this helps

Jax_Omen wrote:

Basically I don't like the signal bar display methodology, it doesn't really tell me anything about the signal I'm getting, it just makes something up. Is 2 bars good? not good? hard to say, since on some phones that's 2/4 bars, is that good? That's 50% signal right? or on mine I have a total of 6 so is 2 bars 33% signal? see, it's confusing and meaningless. DbM, on the other hand, is clear-cut and universal, I know a -80DbM signal is very good, -90 is ok, -100 is bad, and -110 is unusable/no signal. I'd love to have that information in my notification bar, and I'd especially love to have it replace the useless signal bars I have up there now. Any recommendations?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Real Signal by kenyu73

It won't replace the signal bars actually it will add some.  It does list the dbm when you pull down the notification window.  I have been using it for over six months now.

hope this helps

Jax_Omen wrote:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Ann suggested the same program I was going to suggest.

0 Likes
Jax_Omen
Thanks! I'd Kudo you but the button appears to be missing on this computer o_O
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You're welcome.

If you want, there is another app that could be worth checking out.  Search for "sensorly" in the market.  It maps your signal and you can compare it to other android users and networks.  If you have questions about the options in the app, let me know.  I have been using if for a while now and got the setup down pat.

0 Likes