Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
App Icon Display Question...
Dury69

Hopefully this is easy and I am just being stupid, but the home page on my phone displays a large white box with the text "No upcoming calendar event" - which I guess is my calendar icon.  But I don't use the calendar and the enlarged icon is eating up real estate.  This obviously isn't a big deal, but any advice on how to shrink the icon back to normal size would be appreciated

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: App Icon Display Question...
adam_losangeles

Dury69 wrote:

Hopefully this is easy and I am just being stupid, but the home page on my phone displays a large white box with the text "No upcoming calendar event" - which I guess is my calendar icon.  But I don't use the calendar and the enlarged icon is eating up real estate.  This obviously isn't a big deal, but any advice on how to shrink the icon back to normal size would be appreciated

That appears to be the default size when I added it on my screen as well.

If you want to remove it, hold your finger on it, wait until it 'taps', then without releasing your finger, drag it to the small grey tab at the bottom of the screen, which now indicates a grey trash can icon.  The widget you are dragging will turn red once you've positioned the dragged icon correctly over the trash.  This is how you deleted unwanted icons.

0 Likes
droiddiva

When I touch the box that reads No upcoming calendar events and drag it toward the trash can, it turns red but then reverts back to the stupid box that's hogging up  my screen.  Any other suggestions to get rid of it?  Thanks for any thoughts on this.

0 Likes
macflunky

I just had this same problem. I solved it by dragging the box to the right hand screen then off to the trash.

0 Likes