Apps and New Plans
gbmphillips

With the new plans only allowing 2 gig is it worth it to have the NETFLIX, NFL, or MLB apps any longer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps and New Plans
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

gbmphillips wrote:

With the new plans only allowing 2 gig is it worth it to have the NETFLIX, NFL, or MLB apps any longer?

Thanks to the Community for all the feedback and suggestions!

gbmphillips,

To confirm what  said, WiFi is a great option to minimize possible high 3G/4G data usage on your device.  Keep in mind, over 95% of our customers currently use under 2G's of data per month.  We have good tools available to you that will help you monitor your data usage.  We also have a data calculator that can help you estimate how much data you could incur, depending on your usage.  I'm including a link below for the calculator.

Data Usage Calculator

Keep in mind, we have other data plan options as well.  The link below has details on our available data plans.

Data (for Basic Phones and Smartphones)

Hope I have answered your question and concerns!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is always wifi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

Ann154 wrote:
There is always wifi.

Always wifi??  Around here, we only get wifi in very limited areas.  Plus, the only wifi I feel really comfortable with is my home (and I prefer to use the PC for Internet browsing when at home).  Other wifi's generally aren't very secure.  Also, I've found that Verizon's network is often faster than some hotel wifi's.  At least, in the last 2 Best Western hotels that I stayed in, I turned off wifi because their network was terribly slow.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

gbmphillips wrote:

Thanks to the Community for all the feedback and suggestions!

gbmphillips,

To confirm what  said, WiFi is a great option to minimize possible high 3G/4G data usage on your device.  Keep in mind, over 95% of our customers currently use under 2G's of data per month.  We have good tools available to you that will help you monitor your data usage.  We also have a data calculator that can help you estimate how much data you could incur, depending on your usage.  I'm including a link below for the calculator.

Data Usage Calculator

Keep in mind, we have other data plan options as well.  The link below has details on our available data plans.

Data (for Basic Phones and Smartphones)

Hope I have answered your question and concerns!

0 Likes
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

wifi for non-critical use is really not a security risk. Unless you're worried the FBI will watch what your are. Just make sure that e-mail is setup for secure (SSL TLS) use and you're good to go.

0 Likes