Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Backup Assistant
PastorRob

Is there any way to get Backup Assistant to work on the Droid???  So I can get all my contacts on my Droid without adding them 1 by 1???  My contacts on Google are mostly e-mails and I want my numbers not my e-mails.

Thanks in advance,

Pastor Rob

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant
crimedoggies

PastorRob wrote:

Is there any way to get Backup Assistant to work on the Droid???  So I can get all my contacts on my Droid without adding them 1 by 1???  My contacts on Google are mostly e-mails and I want my numbers not my e-mails.

Thanks in advance,

Pastor Rob

You can export your contacts from Backup Assistant into a csv file and then import them into your google contacts and they will wirelessly sync to your Droid.

0 Likes
logicman
Novice

After you create your CSV file from Backup Assistant, review the info in Droid: Can I import contacts in CSV format? and make sure your column names match the ones in Steve Ryan's post. That should ensure a more painless experience.

0 Likes
PastorRob

Where do you get the backup assistant app from???  I used to have it on my Storm but can't seem to get it for the Droid?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

0 Likes
logicman
Novice

This app is not available for Android. Instead, your phone uses Gmail Contacts which is accessible from your PC's browser. You go the MyVerizon section of the Verizon Wireless site, access Backup Assistant and export the info from your previous phone to a CSV file. Take that file and use Excel to fix the column titles as outlined above, then import into Gmail Contacts from your PC browser. This should help: How to Use Guide: Backup AssistantSM

0 Likes