Beware of the DROID software update.
BamaBelle

I downloaded it this morning and now have a paperweight.  Verizon tells me that I have to do a hard update.  All my contacts, apps, emails.  Everything gone.

Happy freakin' Easter to me.

0 Likes
Re: Beware of the DROID software update.
Not applicable

Please don't defame Easter.  It nothing sacred anymore?

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Please don't defame Easter.  Is nothing sacred anymore?

+1
0 Likes
emilynicol2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Strange, I did my update this afternoon and everything seems fine! Pinch zoom has been added which is pretty sweet... I guess the lesson is for those who haven't done the update yet, back up everything just in case.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Please don't defame Easter.  Is nothing sacred anymore?

+2

0 Likes
GonzoBobH

Oh, everything is sacred, including our precious sensibilities. 

{please keep your posts courteous}

Delicious.

:smileyvery-happy:

GBH.

0 Likes
WIRELESS007

Yes  repsect others and their beliefs even though you don't

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

BamaBelle wrote:

I downloaded it this morning and now have a paperweight.  Verizon tells me that I have to do a hard update.  All my contacts, apps, emails.  Everything gone.

you can re-sync your contacts since they are on google/gmail.

your apps are saved through your gmail

if you didnt delete your emails through gmail or your regular email, then they are there.

0 Likes
kikkii

BamaBelle wrote:

That happened to me this morning also.  I had nothing including no phone service after the update.  I took my battery out with the phone off, put it back in and turned the phone back on.  My phone returned to normal and the update is completed.  I know nothing about tech stuff, but was very frustrated and thought this might help you.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

kikkii wrote:

BamaBelle wrote:

That happened to me this morning also.  I had nothing including no phone service after the update.  I took my battery out with the phone off, put it back in and turned the phone back on.  My phone returned to normal and the update is completed.  I know nothing about tech stuff, but was very frustrated and thought this might help you.

i have never done the OTA, just manually updated my phone myself.

with the OTA, did it automatically reboot your device cuz i know in the manual update, you have to reboot your Droid for the update to take effect and by the way you make it sound is that you did not reboot your Droid until you did the battery pull?

0 Likes